Hunger Fighters Uganda, is WFP Cooperating Partners for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee
settlements. HFU wishes to recruit staff/volunteers to fill the positions tenable in the GFA project implemented in ISINGIRO and Kikuube Districts.
FDP TEAM LEADER (01)
Report to Food Assistance Manager.
- Responsible to calculate monthly food requirements for the designated FDP and prepare distribution plans and food
delivery plans to be submitted to WFP as agreed, closely follow up the implementation of these plans.
- Responsible to ensure availability of safe, suitable, storage capacity at FDP for food commodities received from WFP
warehouse to FDP working closely with other relevant team members.
- Working with Field Coordinator and other relevant team members to ensure timely procurement and availability of all
equipment and materials necessary for successful implementation of food distribution program at a particular FDP.
- Supervise the FDP to ensure that all commodities arriving at any given point are properly accounted for, sign and date each
document verified by you as a proof of verification.
- Check that storage and stacking of commodities is properly undertaken in an organized manner, at a distribution point to
enable smooth food distributions and accountability.
- Work closely with the field coordinator, WFP, UNHCR and all other relevant team players to ensure improved efficiency and effectiveness in the food distribution process.
- Work closely with all other relevant food distribution team members to ensure that proper procedures for food
distribution are followed according to the approved food rations.
- To ensure that daily distribution reports are ready by their due dates. Must therefore ensure that FDP relevant reports are
completed timely and submitted to the relevant authorities.
- To closely oversee the corridors in liaison with the corridor supervisors to ensure that food distribution process within a
particular FDP is successfully conducted within the set targets.
- Perform any other task assigned to you by relevant authorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this Position for FDP Team Leader Job opportunity should have a Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university and 3 years of experience.
- A post-secondary certificate in Community Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Experience and knowledge of security operations technical processes.
- Previous experience in supporting security operations efforts as directed
- Language: Fluency in English and Swahili language.
Applications should be addressed to
The Head of Human Resource,
Hunger Fighters Uganda,
P.O Box, 28175, Kampala.
Hand delivered to
Hunger Fighters Uganda
Mbarara Field Office at Nkokonjeru or /Head Office located
Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass,
Next to Africa Oil Station.
Interviews are scheduled 27th – 30th December 2019.
Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men.