Water Mission is a non-profit Christian engineering orgenization providing sustainable safe water and sanitation solutions for people in developing countries and disamer areas. Safe water is the source of life. it is the foundation for health. eduoallon and viable economies. Through the generous support of individuals, churches. corporate partners and many others. Water Mission has broughl relief and hope to more than 3.3 million people across the globe. Addmonaliy, Water Mission operates nine country program in Latin America. Airica and Asia and hes served 53 diﬁerent countries on live different contients. In Uganda. Water Mission operales as Water Missions Uganda (WMU) with ofﬁces based in Jinja. WMU has sewed over 500.000 people with safe water and sanitation solutions in development and refugee emergency settings. Our faith and belief in the sanctity of life economies us in develop and implement die best technologies and community development programs so God vril be honoured and gloriﬁed through our work. Our mission is to be a best-in-class Christian engineering non-proﬁt that transforms lives through sustainable safe water solutions.
Because our mission is global. urgent. and enormous the person in any of the following positions must have the temperament and energy to he a leader in an entrepreneurial environment. The person must have the ability and be willing to fulﬁl multiple responsibilities. He or she must not only be comfortable in, but be energized by highly ﬂuid. rapidly changing work environments. At WMU we work as a learn. All employees must show initiative and seek to improve the way things are done and to conduct lho work in an increasingly cost effective manner. Because WMU seeks to share the news of the Living Water. all employees are expected to share the gospel through their minds and actions.
Post: WASH Team Leader -Yumbe.
To provide strategic and technical support in design. implementation. monitoring and evaluation of (WASH) programs, end present WASH services to the beneﬁciaries within Bidibidi Settlement in Yumbe District..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Response
- Manager, the WASH Team Leader will implement all construction. maintenance and repair activities as defined by requirements.
- Participate in proposal formulation and grant applications as guided by the Emergency Response Manager.
- Lead the team to manage and implement WASH projects to ensure all project activities are completed according to plan, budget, and quality.
- Supervise and support the WASH officers throughout the planning and implementation of the protect response.
- Support facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneﬁcienes. key actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
- Ensure and follow up all hygiene interventions are done properly by the hygiene promoters.
- Along with the wash officer wash engineers. conduct complete site surveys with drawings and photographs. prepare designs, prepare detailed 300s and Schedule of Works and follow all necessary procedures to ensure timely delivery of work to the required quality, including ensuring necessary liaison with local authorities and
- Obtaining of required authorisations and permits.
- Deﬁne the weekly objectives and planning tor the ﬁeld activities
- Plan and supervise assessments in the ﬁeid, participate in the formulation of recommendation and implement accordingly
- Ensure daily monitoring of the quality of work activities; and the progress of project/ works implementation.
- Compile and consolidate weekly reports from the ﬁeld.
- Check and approve all monitoring documents provided by the field officers.
- Communicate any challenges and problems faded to the Emergency Response Manager, propose solutions and action plans.
- Provide regular updates on progress to Emergency Response Manager. other team including other departments and sectors as appropriate.
- Ensure roguish and timely reporting of problems. potential delays or risks to project implementation to the relevant supervisor, and support in the development and execution of solutions and mitigadng actions.
- Maintain the dialogue with the other actom in the area in order to coordinate the activities.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned. support the work in other areas of intervention as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a relevant degree in WASH. 4 years‘ experience in a similar role will be an added advantage.
- Preferred at least two—year professional experience in implementing emergency response WASH Programs in a humanitarian setting.
- Excellent spoken and mitten English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to achieve cooperation and agreemem amongst diverse groups with competing priorities
- Progressivoly professional work experience in WASH leadership capacity rrrilh a hurnanitaiian organization.
- Excellent ledmical knowledge or emergency preparedness and response
- Experience in WASH development programs, preierably with £1 strong focus on a good understanding of humanilartan and resilience links.
- Ability to wort within dilferent cultural environments.
- Team working, honest, hardworking person able to work in e dynamic environment.
- Computer literacy and effective abilities in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve. able to suggest solutions and miligations with minimal guidance.
- Physically able to spend the long periods of time in the ﬁeld in harsh conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Deadlines and tasks efficently and with a calm attitude.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Email Curriculum Vitae, Educational Certificates, Testimonials and a List of References to the Human Resource Officer. Water Mission Uganda at