Whave Solutions is a Ugandan-registered Non-Profit Social Enterprise specializing in maintenance of rural water sources and their rehabilitation and construction on Build-and-Operate principles. We are currently recruiting WASH Officers, Senior Water engineer and Field Engineer in Kaabong, Moroto and Amudat to improve access to safe water in rural areas. These roles involve working with district government, with communities, and with partner NGOs. Whave is a pioneer rural water utility and so interacts with communities in a business-like way to create social consensus and willingness to pay maintenance tariffs. Business skills and numeracy, together with personal interaction, marketing community work, teamwork and social skills are therefore essential. You must be willing to ride a motorbike to accomplish work duties..
• Introducing and managing preventive maintenance contracts for communities and other stakeholders such as NGOs, district government and water source sponsors
• In charge of establishing/reactivating water and sanitation committees including providing relevant training.
• Training and working together with, district and sub-county officials in developing a public private partnership that promotes Government mobilization for preventive maintenance
• Responsible for improving community sanitation and hygiene, particularly in the safe water chain.
• Working closely with local officials from the district and sub-counties and developing local by-laws Manage financial and administrative tasks with integrity and efficiency including managing local technicians
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Previous experience and understanding in community development and local government structures,
• High level communication and interpersonal skills,
• Ability to drive and ride a motorbike is essential with a valid driving permit,
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages,
• Knowledge of Ngakarimojong and Pokot languages is a MUST.
Job Education Requirements: Degree level qualifications in related fields, including in Water/Environmental/Biosystems, Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Work Social Administration
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and covering letters to
Please describe why this post interests you and why you think you can achieve good results in your covering letter.