Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
POSITION: Tutor- Carpentry and Joinery
REPORTS TO: VTC Principal
LOCATION: Field Based
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE WORK:
The job holder will support the provision of Vocational Training to the People of Concern in the designated location in the particular field of Carpentry and Joinery.
The Tutor for Carpentry and Joinery will conduct daily trainings and classes in the Course for the Vocational Students. The Tutor will also support the daily running of the Carpentry Department and workshop under the direct supervision of the Principal.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Intuitively prepares the schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum.
- Contribute significantly and regularly to the teaching programmes of the entire VTC.
- Prepare and deliver suitable, quality course material for students, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Regularly set and mark both theory and practical assessments, in accordance with the existing vocational and Ministry of Education standards; also responsible for administering external national examinations/assessments from DIT/UBTEB.
- Prepare departmental reports, records of work, and submit the same for inspection by the Head of department and/or the Principal.
- Undertake the recording of student attendances, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise care in the use of equipment, and reporting faults to the appropriate authority.
- Recommend the purchase of appropriate books, audio-visual materials, software, equipment, training materials and other materials relevant to the department.
- Keep and maintain departmental records / inventory (Registers, records of work, progress reports, financial records and equipment.)
- Provide career guidance and counselling to students.
- Performs any other duty assigned by the relevant authority.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery Crafts I & II.
- CTTE (Certificate in Technical Teacher Education) is required.
- A Diploma in Carpentry works or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Tutor/Instructor in a Technical Institution preferred.
- Knowledge or prior exposure to humanitarian operations is an added advantage.
Expected Skills and competencies
- Strong entrepreneurship skills.
- Leadership skills, displaying courage and conviction.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Academic ability as well as an ability to understand and communicate with those who struggle in education.
- A desire to work with young adults especially those affected by conflict.
- Prioritisation, planning and organising skills.
- Being able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to the deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, empathy and understanding
- Ability to devolve responsibilities, accomplish tasks and monitor practices to see that they are being carried out.
Applications must be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda;
P.O BOX 24230,
- Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in
ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to
Uganda located on
Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road,
Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and
black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda