This role will develop and implement the communications strategy for internal and external audiences including staff, partners, beneficiaries, donors and the general public to increase visibility of program impact. S/he ensures consistency in terms of voice, branding, and messaging for LWF Uganda. They will build the capacity of others in Kampala and field offices in order to have various staff contributing to communications management.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Takes the lead in the development, planning, and implementation of LWF communications strategy; works with various sector heads, LWF partners and affected communities to implement the communication strategy and incorporate it into the overall country strategy
• Coordinates production of a diverse range of information products (including audio/visual communications) to ensure LWF visibility and branding
• Regular field visits to capture information for content creation and build the capacity of individual staff at field level in order to assist with content production: photos and storytelling in particular
• Builds the capacity of key staff on a range of communications issues, methods, and approaches in order to achieve the LWF communications strategy
• Provides advice and guidance to LWF senior staff, and particularly the Country Representative on communications messaging for particular meetings and events at short notice
• Supports institutional fundraising by working with teams and applying expertise in ensuring positive visibility and documenting impact stories that can support in development of competitive proposals
• Anticipates and resolves communications public relations controversies through crisis communication skills
• Develops and prepares communications and key messaging material for LWF Uganda, including fact sheets, reports, promotional materials, and talking points for core management staff when necessary.
• Lead on content production and curation for the website, print publications and social networking sites.
• Ensures consistency in terms of voice, branding, messaging and frequency of posting via digital channels.
• Analyses results and impact of outreach communications; reports on developments, trends and attitudes regarding the LWF work in Uganda in order to improve communications.
• Handles media enquiries and creates effective press releases to gain positive press coverage; provides talking points and other materials as needed for senior staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
Commitment to Continuous Learning:
• Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession;
• Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates;
• Shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve.
• Thorough leadership on communications
• Excellent writing and photography skills
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, and responds appropriately;
• Tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match audience
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
• Development, initiative-taking;
• Acting as a team player and facilitating work;
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
• Creating synergies through self-control;
• Managing conflict;
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Minimum of a university degree in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field; and a minimum of seven years’ experience in public information, public relations, journalism, international relations, public administration or related area, especially within humanitarian organizations and contexts.
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified Click here to apply