Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC) is a public corporation established by the UPPC Act 1992 Cap.30 as a leading printer mandated to provide printing and publishing services to government ministries, departments, and agencies, NGOs, private sector organizations and individuals.
The Corporation prints and publishes all government legislations, the Uganda Gazette, stationery and other books and reading materials for public and private sector organizations.
in order to effectively fulfil its mandate and achieve its strategic goals, UPPC invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill the following position:
In order to effectively fulfil its mandate and achieve its strategic goals, UPPC invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill the position of Supplies Officer
Salary Scale UPPC Level 5
Responsible To Finance and Accounting Manager
To oversee the daily operations of a stores function, making sure it runs smoothly and effectively by
Their duties include motivating sales teams, creating business strategies, developing promotional material, and training new staff.
- To undertake the day to day supervision of the stores service and staff to deliver a customer focused service in accordance with agreed procedures
- Ensure the integrity of the stores area is maintained at all times
- To ensure delivery of materials from suppliers is undertaken and monitored against performance criteria and where suppliers do not meet the correct standards be proactive in resolving and performance issues
- To ensure accurate accountability of all transactions to and from the stores
- To ensure the implementation and monitoring of security and control measures for all stock held within the stores function.
- To implement Stock Control System ensuring stock levels are maintained at all times to meet the operational needs of the corporation.
- To ensure stock issues are properly authorised and in accordance with agreed levels.
- To implement a programme of stocktaking activities in accordance with UPPC standing orders and financial regulations.
- Certify invoices for payment when required.
- To develop an annual Stores work plan in accordance with approved guidelines.
- To assist the Stores Manager in the formulation and implementation of Stores Policies and Procedures.
- To manage the activities and performance of other Stores team members, reviewing and monitoring personnel with
- Manage the use of all plant and hand tools servicing, repair and maintaining inventory, and replenishment accountability
- Ensure the stores area is kept clean and tidy and free from hazards
- To perform any other relevant activities as may be assigned by management.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement and supply chain management, or related discipline with a major in stores management or procurement and supply chain management, or materials management.
- Or a bachelor’s degree in social sciences plus a postgraduate diploma in stores management/ procurement and supply chain management.
- At least five years working experience in as storekeeper or stores assistant.
Interested persons who meet the Required specifications are invited to apply to:
The Managing Director,
Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC),
plot 8-12 Airport Road,
P.O. Box 33
Enclose an up-to-date CV, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact and email address for both applicant and three professional referees