Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Stores & Warehouse Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all warehousing and inventory management functions for IRC’s office in Kampala. The position must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good warehousing practices in Kampala.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
• Train warehouse staff as required.
• Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
• Advise the Supply Chain Manager of potential inventory shortages.
• Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
• Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
• Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
• Implement and ensure clear loading/unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
• Advise the Supply Chain Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
• Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
• Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
• Goods Reception and Transport
• Assist in receiving all supplies.
• Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
• Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
• Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
• Prioritize air road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
• Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
• Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
• Warehousing and Inventory
• Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
• Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
• Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
• Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
• On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
• Update the stock record cards regularly.
• Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit monthly report to Supply Chain Manager in timely manner.
• Maintain full and accurate inventory records.
• Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
• Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Warehouse staff, providing appropriate feedback.
• Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management
• 3 years of experience working as a stores and warehouse officer in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good communication and staff management skills
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets; Outlook)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Remains productive when under pressure.
• Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
• Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms.
• Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
• Competent in spoken and written English.
• Competency in data analysis and reporting.
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/23633/application?c=rescue&jobboardid=0