The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Co-operatives established by the UNBS Act Cap 327. It is governed by the National Standards Council and headed by the Executive Director who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of UNBS. The mandate of UNBS is to develop, promote and enforce national standards in order to enhance competitiveness of Ugandan products, promote fair trade and protect consumers and the environment.
STANDARDS OFFICER – 8 Positions (1- certification, 2- analyst, 1-Metrology, 1-Inspection, and 3-
The Standards Officers will mainly provide standardisation activities to UNBS stakeholders
• Develop, implement and enforce National Standards as guided by UNBS Act, regulations and procedures
• Offer technical and scientific input in the planning and operations of UNBS standardization programmes
• Conduct stakeholder analysis and incorporate requirements in the work programme in consultation with the supervisor
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity, professionalism, Communication,
Teamwork and Analytical skills.
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
The details of this job advert are in the attachment below