Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is looking for 2 proactive, strategic and open-minded team members to join our newly established Adolescent Health Clinic in Mbale.
The UYAHF Adolescent Health Clinic strives to be leading center for excellence for quality adolescent friendly health services, wellbeing and research in Eastern Uganda and Uganda large. The clinic’s commitment is hinged on UYAHF’s passion to protect and improve the health and well-being of adolescents including enhancing their demand, access
and uptake of quality sexual reproductive health services and GBV support services.
The new team members will play a critical role of building and sustaining internal systems that will support UYAHF to realize the above ambitious goal.
POSITION: Service Provider/Registered midwife/nurse.
Work Station: Mbale
Role: Provide Integrated youth friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) services to adolescents and young people according to Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines.
Report to: Facility-In-Charge: Clinical Officer
Key Result Areas
• Inform, educate, and communicate with clients, to motivate and enable them make informed SRHR choices
• Provide quality integrated SRHR services to clients at the UYAHF adolescent health clinic and during community outreaches as per MoH guidelines.
• Refer clients where necessary, to defined referral point(s) and all referral to be done in time and recorded.
• Collect and maintain complete and accurate records of clients according to MOH guidelines
• Analyze and utilize data to improve service delivery at health service delivery points
• Ensure timely reporting to the supervisor on matters that need attention/information
• Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Inform, educate and communicate to clients to make informed SRHR choices
• Ensure Quality of Care for all services provided at the UYAHF Adolescent Health Clinic
• Diagnose and manage client conditions as appropriate and in line with established Ministry of Health Guidelines
• Provide quality integrated and comprehensive SRHR service at all delivery points and uphold the principals of provision of youth friendly services.
• Refer clients to defined networks and referral points
• Ensure at all times, privacy and confidentiality and maintain client’s records properly
• Observe and keep and environment that is free from all forms discrimination, stigma, as well as sexual violence and sexual harassment
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete documentation and reporting that should be done on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Arrange and set-up clinic in accordance to MOH standards
• Dispense SRHR Commodities and other medical commodities according to set standards Required Outputs and Outcomes
• Client conditions diagnosed
• Contraceptives/drugs dispensed according to required standards
Training and experience
• Registered Nurse/Midwife from a recognized institution and a valid Practicing License from an appropriate professional body.
• Three years’ experience in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services especially to the adolescents and young people.
• Individuals with previous NGO experience and experience offering family planning and HIV related services will have an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and temperament
• Thorough knowledge and skill in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights services that include; family planning, HIV preservation, care and treatment, perinatal, maternal and postnatal care, fertility awareness, treatment and management of STI, screening and treatment of cervical and breasted cancer, provision of post rape care services, GBV counselling and support etc.
• Demonstrated willingness and capacity to address youth sexuality and reproductive issues
• Ability to produce and submit quality reports within set deadlines, and to generate and maintain accurate records;
• Ability and demonstrated knowledge in computer use especially command of Microsoft office and using the internet like sending out and receiving emails.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and with minimum supervision.
• Skill in training and mentorship
Other Personal Attributes
• The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role
• The candidate must be pro-choice
Job application procedure
About Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum – UYAHF
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is a dynamic and leading youth led and youth serving health and human rights organization that works to advance and promote sexual and reproductive health and right for young people, enhance gender equality and economic empowerment and promote meaningful youth participation.
UYAHF’s envisions a generation where young people pro-active and meaningfully participate in national development processes and our overall goal is to empower adolescent girls and young women to live quality lives with equity, dignity and opportunities to realize their full potential. For more information check out our website: www.uyahf.com
Interested? Please submit your CV (3 pages Max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letters, to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 21st May 2021. Job interviews will be held on 26th and 27th May 2021