The National Planning Authority (NPA) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 2002 in compliance with article 125 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995). Accordingly, it is the principal statutory agency responsible for the management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda.
The primary function of the Authority is to produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, Long and Me
Through its external sourcing strategies and career offers, NPA Executive Authority is desirous of filling selected vacancies to strengthen its human resources capacity by recruiting dynamic and self-motivated professional individuals to complement its current staff in the effective and efficient implementation of its mandate.
The offer is open to interested professionals with the required qualifications, experience, competencies, skills and the right work attitude. A competitive and attractive remuneration package is attached to each position. .
Senior Planner Food Processing,NPA-OS-4
Reports to: Manager Science Planning
Preferred age: 30-55 years
To organize and inform the strategic growth and development of the Food Processing industry in the country and ensure its integration in the national development process
Duties and Responsibilities: Please refer to details on www.npa.go.ug
Person Specifications/ Qualifications
• Hons first degree in Food Science and Technology, Food and Nutrition or closely related field from a recognised university.
• A Masters’ Degree in Food Science, Food Processing or a closely related discipline from a recognized University;
• Post graduate training in Food Processing and/or planning for the development of the Food Processing industry a closely related discipline will be desirable;
Experience and Knowledge;
• Worked for at least 8 years in Food Processing industry and at least 4 years of which must be at Senior level in a reputable institution/ organization,
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of public sector management, Policy development and other areas;
• Must have a good understanding of the Food Processing industry at both the national and International levels.
Job application procedure
• The preferred method of applications’ is recorded delivery through the NPA Front Desk / Reception. However, candidates using the post office should post early enough to avoid late deliveries and retrievals from the post office beyond the closing date.
• Applicants are to forward two sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae, including phone and email contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and copy of National ID, addressed to: The Executive Director, National Planning Authority, P.O.BOX 21434 Kampala Uganda; Planning – House Plot 17A Clement Hill Road.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “NPA” is an equal opportunity employer any form of canvassing or lobbying shall lead to disqualification
• The successful candidates will be offered contracts in accordance with NPA guidelines.
• Advertised positions not filled thereafter will remain open until when filled. (1) A detailed advert is accessible on this website: www.npa.go.ug
• Please note that NPA/ADV/02/2019 and NPAADV/03/2019 of 29th November, 2019 and 2ND December, 2019 respectively, elapsed due to passage of time, COVID 19 interruptions and are not to be considered. Those who responded to the earlier adverts are free to re-apply.
• The deadline of submission is Tuesday, 12th January, 2021 (16.55hrs).
• Applications received after the closing date and time shall not be considered (1) The detailed advert are accessible on http://www.npa.go.ug http://www.npa.go.ug/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/ADV012020-21-DEC-2020.pdf