DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Officer, Facilities & Security will deliver Bank Infrastructural projects effectively & efficiently, achieve operational excellence in project implementations and manage stake holder relations. Oversee provision of water tight security for dfcu staff, visitors & Bank property, security procedural rules & regulations with full consciousness of timeliness and quality of deliverables, value for money and preservation of the Bank’s brand to ensure growth of business objectives. Responsible for Occupational Health & Safety Standards across the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support & coordinate infrastructure projects, supervise maintenance, fittings and repairs.
- Delivers infrastructural drawings in conjunction with the approved contractor/consultant.
- Implement infrastructural projects at the best and optimum cost available.
- Record keeping of all maintenance work, Occupational Health & Safety files and assets of all sites both physical and soft copies.
- Support in procurement documentation for all facilities and security requisitions.
- Work together with the Estate manager, dfcu Ltd to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in estate management
- Implement and enforce all Bank security direction, policies and procedures throughout the facility to support the Bank’s security requirements.
- Consistently and accurately review, respond to, and processes all security paperwork and systems for accuracy, completion and submission.
- Develop, conduct, coordinate and deliver all site and program-specific security education programs ensuring all facility personnel complete appropriate security training.
- Conduct security awareness briefings and debriefings including counter intelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to Bank management.
- Coordinate, submit, and confirm employee security clearances via multiple platforms and conducting initial security briefings.
- Conduct and coordinate investigations into security violations & ensures corrective actions are implemented.
- Sensitize staff on security rules/regulations and training staff on handling security emergencies.
- Report all security breaches real time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Senior Officer, Facilities & Security career placement must hold a University degree preferably in Architecture or any other related field
- Post Graduate in Project Management
- Certification in security procedures
- Five years’ experience in project management
- Ability to communicate effectively with the stakeholders
- Knowledge in project management and implementation
- Knowledge in security systems & management
- Knowledge of security procedural rules & regulations
- Ability to exhibit self-motivated & self-driven capabilities
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety standards
- Good understanding of Bank policies and procedures
- Good understanding of the interconnectivities of functions and processes
- Industry and business awareness
- Ability to work a dynamic environment that involves multiple levels of security professional disciplines.
- Conduct themselves as a team member able to contribute security interests in all settings specific to the Bank’s needs and potentially altered work hours depending on the needs of the Bank.
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to:
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.