The National Building Review Board is a government agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established by the Building Control Act, 2013.
The Board is mandated to monitor building developments; ensure that the design and construction of buildings and utilities to which the public is to have access cater for persons with disabilities; oversee, inspect and monitor the operations of Building Committees; hear and determine appeals from persons dissatisfied with the decisions of a Building Committee; and to determine the fees to be charged by urban and district building committees for approval of plans, issue of building permits and occupation permits.
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reports To: Executive Secretary
Employment Type: Contract
Salary Scale: NBRB 3
Age 28 to 50 years
Contract Duration: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance .
• Lead the Unit in the process of developing Work Plans through conducting risk assessment in the various business areas, determining key priorities and resource requirements.
• Engage appropriate key stakeholders, including Senior Management to secure and cater for their inputs into the plan, and present the plan to the Board for approval.
• Communicate, monitor execution of the plan and periodically report on its performance to the Board, NBRB Management and any other relevant Authorities as per required intervals and standards.
• Develop the Internal Audit Manual and the Internal Audit Charter and monitor adherence of staff against them so as to continuously regulate the performance and conduct of departmental staff.
• Oversee and guide the audit process, assess/establish controls to improve financial and systems integrity, process validity and operational efficiency to enable the Board realize its mandate.
• Provide advisory services and counsel to the Board Management and all staff on matters of good Corporate Governance and ethical business practices to enable process improvements and operational efficiency
• Establish frameworks and systems to track, enforce and report on staff compliance to internal policy and other regulatory requirements
• Identify and profile strategic partners for strategic alliances with the Unit to enable efficient execution of Internal Audit and Compliance strategy/work plan.
• Lead, guide and support the Unit in performance planning, monitoring and evaluation processes and account to management, the performance of the department.
• Lead the identification of capacity gaps in the Unit, approve suitable development programs and establish strategies to monitor their implementation.
Character & Competencies
• Demonstrable integrity
• Ability to develop, communicate the vision, motivate and influence a team of professionals towards the realization of a team’s/department’s mandate
• Ability to conceptualize and align departmental work plan to the strategy of the organization and international audit standards
• Excellent oral and written communication and as well as ability to make professional presentations
• Ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks
• Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda and also a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Finance, Economics, Finance and Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration from an internationally recognized institution.
• At least SEVEN (07) years’ experience in Audit, THREE of which attained in leading an auditing function/department or division in a big organization at a senior management level
• Experience in auditing practices and procedures, including all legislation and regulations relevant to the work of Internal Audit.
• Experience in initiating, managing and maintaining strategic alliances and networks with professional institutions and individual executives
• A Master’s degree in Finance; or Business Administration majoring in Accounting from an internationally recognized University.
• Knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards
• Knowledge of the application of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
• Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, 2015
• Knowledge of National and International Audit Standards
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Building Review Board P.O.Box 7349, KAMPALA UGANDA and submitted directly online by logging on to www.nbrb.go.ug or sent on email; email@example.com not later than 15th September, 2020.
• Applications should be accompanied by latest detailed CV, Copies of academic Certificates, 2 Passport size photographs, copy of a National ID, copy of a valid practicing License (where necessary) and any other relevant document.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.