The Senior Gender Officer will help to mainstream gender and inclusion across the DREAMS program. S/he will work closely with all DREAMS team members to ensure the effective and timely execution of activities that are inclusive and help both women and men access. Further s/he will support the Senior MEL Officer and MEL team in the integration of gender in all research, evaluation, and monitoring activities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Support the Team Leader and the MEL team with the planning and implementation of DREAMS gender integration strategy and suggest ways to improve on the same.
• Support gender mainstreaming trainings and refresher trainings for all team members, consortium, and partner organisation staff.
• Assist with assessment activities to ensure that team members apply gender analysis and perspective in the collection, analysis, use and reporting of data.
• Maintain close communication about gender activities with teams during regular planning and coordination sessions.
• Identify the need for and supervise the implementation of activities designed to promote greater access, inclusion and empowerment of women, young males, adolescent girls, the elderly, and people living with disabilities in the DREAMS program.
• Work closely with the DREAMS teams and build their capacity to deliver high quality gender integration work.
• Provide substantive input into the design and implementation of DREAMS’ gender behaviour change communication strategy, GBV, youth and adolescent work and engage in DREAMS activities.
• Help develop gender-focused communication materials and translate to the local language and context to increase effectiveness.
• Assist teams to identify and address barriers to recruiting and retaining female staff and to maintaining a gender –friendly work environment.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Provide on-going support to teams on data collection processes for completeness, accuracy, and timely submission.
• Work closely with program team leader and the M&EL team to ensure DREAMS meets mercy corps gender minimum standards, and that gender sensitive data is regularly analysed and used to inform program decisions
• Conduct regular field visits to ensure that program activities are gender sensitive and in line with the strategy.
• Support and mentor communities, partners on data collection and use
External Representation and Coordination:
• Support stakeholders (local government, Office of the prime minister, UNHCR and community leaders like Refugees Welfare Council leaders and lower local government leaders) and external visitors such as donors and media in collaboration with the program manager and the Team Leader.
• Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with stakeholders (OPM, UNHCR, Local government, Refugee Welfare Councils, partners and other agencies) to ensure strong collaboration and development of complementary joint monitoring , evaluation and adoptive management structures where possible.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, Women’s studies, social sciences, gender, or Comparable area of study. A postgraduate or Masters in gender studies will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of working experience in gender, youth, and development work, with a minimum of 2 years in field posting.
• Substantial professional background and experience conducting gender trainings, gender main streaming activities, GBV prevention and response and women focus work.
• Someone with a good understanding /Knowledge of refugees/displaced persons context, and West Nile context, Community, and gender experience/Skills.
• Ability to communicate in the local languages (Juba Arabic, Lugbara, Kakwa, Aringa) is highly desirable
• Experience working in large scale complex programs and challenging environments
• Proficiency with Microsoft office
• Team player with excellent inter- personal skills
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://bit.ly/3nvwWBh
APPLICATION CLOSES ON 7th NOVEMBER. POSITION IS BASED IN WEST NILE