Introduction: Founded in Kenya nearly 50 years ago, ETG has emerged as one of Africa’s largest and most respected traders in agricultural products. ETG’s supply chains extend across sub-Saharan Africa, North America, Europe, the Middle East and South East Asian countries. The Group’s supply chain penetrates deep into remote agricultural regions where we procure commodities from smallholder farmers through our strategically located centers. The commodities are then accumulated at ETG warehouses and/or transported to processing facilities, prior to reaching our customers. ETG annually moves almost five million metric tons of agricultural commodities around the world and directly employs more than 7000 people globally. Our portfolio of over 25 different commodities includes: cashews, oilseeds, sugar, coffee, pulses, and wheat, fertilizer, rice, maize and sesame seeds. ETG’S end-to-end agriculture supply chain include:
• Transport to and from any destination globally
• Agriculture processing
• Consumer products
ETG’s steady expansion into one of the world’s most influential food commodity traders is based on our growing strengths:
• Efficient two-directional supply chain management
• Continuous investment in logistic and processing infrastructure Expert knowledge of market trends on all our traded commodities Continued skills development programs for our employees and ongoing recruitment of new talent Experienced and stable executive and senior management.
In order to achieve its strategic goals, Export Trading Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant position
2. SENIOR AGRONOMIST .
• The successful candidate should have ability to develop better quality agricultural techniques, engage in promoting better farming practices or products, assist with the budgets, generate reports and findings, promote products and techniques through educational presentations, conduct field visits or engage in laboratory work.
• Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments are an added advantage.
• Bachelor of Science in Agronomy, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Bachelor of food science and technology Experience:
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Agronomy
Job Experience Requirements: ten (10) years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit copies of their applications together with a curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts, certificates, or professional qualifications, to Plot 26 & 27, Namanve Industrial Park, Namanve or email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd November 2019