RISK MANAGEMENT OFFICER- 1 POSITION
Reporting to the Principal Risk Management Officer, the successful candidate shall be required to
perform the following duties;
- Review and assess inherent risks within new processes and systems and make relevant recommendations to the supervisor
- Monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures and report breaches with appropriate recommendations to the supervisor
- Review existing processes and system to identify risk exposures and recommend appropriate mitigation measures
- In conjunction with risk-owners, participate in control self-assessment and track implementation of action points for control weaknesses
- Undertake sensitization/training of staff on operational risk control
- Record in a database, all incidents reported from operational areas of UNBS and prepare periodic and ad hoc incident reports; analyzing the causes and recommending appropriate control measures
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc operational risk reports as advised by the supervisor
- Monitor developments in the environment & identify potential risk exposures to UNBS
- Develop appropriate tools for monitoring operational risk exposures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UNBS Risk Management Officer job opportunity should hold an Honours Degree in BBA, B.COM, B. Economics or related fields from a recognized University/Institution
- Possession of relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Risk Management Professional as added advantage
- Two years of working experience in a busy business organization or professional services firm, preferably in Risk/Audit/Operations departments.
- Be computer literate with skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet applications
- The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity and professionalism,
- Communication, Teamwork and Analytical skills.
- Age: Between 25 and 35 years
The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity and professionalism, Communication, Teamwork and Analytical skills and needs to be a team player, an excellent communicator with good oral communication and presentation skills.
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
- Please follow the link thus; https://hrm.unbs.go.ug/jobs/apply
- Use your email address for registration
- Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
- Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
- Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
- No hand delivered applications will be received
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted