Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions.
The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Research Officer (1 post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/002/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 5
Reports to: Senior Officer, Research
Department: Research, Quality Assurance and Awards
To conduct research and disseminate information from the findings..
Duties and Responsibilities
• Enforce procedures put in place for the conduct of research and dissemination of knowledge;
• Prepare Examination reports;
• Develops research proposals;
• Develop examination assessment tools/manuals;
• Prepare feedback reports;
• Responsible for the development and revision of examination policies and guidelines;
• Develop policy briefs and position papers;
• Conduct baseline data on Board activities to support policy development;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Economics or Quantitative Economics or Statistics or Business Administration or Commerce or Public Policy and Management or Social Sciences or Social Sciences with a Diploma in Education or Arts or Education or Biological or Physical Sciences or ICT or Engineering from a recognized institution;
• A minimum of two (2) years working experience in the research field in a reputable organization;
• Knowledge of Computer and key statistical packages i.e. STATA, EPINFO, SPSS, EVIEWS;
• Must possess demonstrable skills in Research and Development;
• 24 – 40 years of age at entry.
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• High level of integrity
• Knowledge in key statistical packages i.e. STATA, EPINFO, SPSS, EVIEWS
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below.
The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.