DFCU Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the vacancy of Relationship Manager- Business Banking (Kampala) in our Chief Commercial Office to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager- Commercial
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Commercial, the role holder will manage Business Banking relationships within commercial segments through origination in line with targets and expectations. The RM will be responsible for offering the best customer experience to the assigned clientele to ensure retention and grow the existing business through deeper penetration into their existing business requirements.
• Provide superior relationship management by ensuring customer retention, loyalty, preference, and devotion.
• To source for new SME relationships that have potential to grow & provide superior returns.
• Identify & disseminate information to & from the market/customers and alert management on trends, risks, and opportunities to maximize & sustain revenue.
• Promote & maintain the highest standards of customer service in order to maximize the returns from the existing relationships and attract new business from targeted customers.
• Monitor & enhance the business portfolio risk profile within agreed parameters at all times together with Risk unit; to minimize non-performing assets and ensure accumulation of deposits with a view of generating an inexpensive and stable base.
• Constantly explore the enhancement of the Bank’s brand name so that the Bank holds out to the target markets as one of the best in the SME field in terms of the service, innovativeness, and customer awareness/responsiveness.
• Appraise opportunities for synergy and keep well documented reports/visits/contracts with all relationships, the Bank’s management & other units.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
• A University degree in business related fields.
• Certified Credit Analyst.
• At least 4 years working experience in banking of which 2 should be in relationship management or sales.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• An in-depth understanding of all bank products.
• Computer knowledge especially spread sheet, word & power point.
• Outgoing, self-motivated, assertive, and proactive.
• A self-starter who is oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• A good team player who is able to work under minimum supervision.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure no loss of efficiency.
• Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses, and the Bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
• Business Acumen.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 2nd July 2021 to the email address indicated below;