Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in 26 countries including Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to respond to human suffering and graduate communities from extreme poverty. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities ofAdjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
FH/Uganda FH Uganda is actively seeking for a qualified candidate who is committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career opening of;
Job Title: Regional Finance Officer
Position Type: Fixed term
Report: to: ﬁnance Manager
Contract length: 2 year (Renewable)
Start Date: January 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in budget development and revision processes.
• Participate in cash flow projections and ensuing that cash disbarments are within cash management regulations.
• Review payment documents, ensuing that they are correct in line with FH policies
• Participate in the preparation of monthly donor reports, in accordance to different donor requirements.
• Participate in internal and external audits.
• Review all accountabilities and make sure all advances are settle within 7 days.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliation
• Participate in the monthly review of payroll.
• Prepare periodic USAID VAT Reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
• Prepare month statutory deduction and submit to the authority before 15th of every month.
• Review projects budgets for different donors
• Participate in all other duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Candidate must have an upper second degree and above in Finance and accounting or related discipline from a recognized university or institution.
• Possess ACCA orCPA level land above.
• Minimum of 4 -6 years and above extensive experience in financial management and co ordination preferably within an international NGO environment preferably in middle level management with major Grants.
• Knowledge of accounting package like Ms. Dynamics is an advantage
• Vibrant personal relationship with Christ understands and applies FH Foundational Principles and Vision and Mission
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 -6 years
Note: For detailed Job descriptions reach out to Claire Kisakye on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Food for the Hungry Uganda
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 29th November, 201.9. FHU has policies including a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign