WaterAid Uganda is an international NGO specializing in water, sanitation and hygiene and it envisions a world where everyone, everywhere has access to safe water, sanitation and good hygiene. WaterAid Uganda (WAU) is now recruiting a suitably qualified candidate of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the position below.
Postion: Quality Assurance- Technical Lead
Reports to: Head of Programmes
To provide technical support in survey, research, monitoring and evaluation processes as well as developing other tools to improve the performance and quality of their programming through enhanced Planning Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) function and system..
• Support the adherence to Water Aid’s Quality Programming Standards (OPS) in the implementation of programmes and projects
• Coordinate Quarterly Programme Performance Review meetings to facilitate dialogue and learning on project/program Implementation
• Support the Senior Management team in reviewing management reports as well as other M&E reports to ensure validated M&E data and M&E compliance with recommended guidelines, formats and standards.
• Guide programme and project staff in preparing progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submissions.
• Track performance of programs against Annual milestones and provide regular updates on progress
• Foster participatory planning and monitoring by engaging staff in the M&E of activities.
• Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan, with focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning.
• Prepare consolidation progress reports for project management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project and programme implementation. providing specific recommendations.
• Analyze program data and periodic reports irom Programme Advisors into periodic management reports,
• Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
• Provide technical guidance m conducting assessments in line with established PMER or donor related guidelines
• identify the need and draw up the Tol-is for specific studies; recruit, guide and supervise consultants to implement special surveys and studies required tor evaluating programs effects and impacts.
• Conduct evaluations of all completed programmes and projects to establish key learning and recommendations to inform future programmes and projects
• Provide training for field staff in basic skills, concepts and approaches in proposal writing, project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, participatory approaches and transformational development to help enhance the knowledge and skills of field staff in these aspects
• Coach and mentor project MEL officers and program staff to accelerate learning and adoption of recommended PMER methodologies and approaches
• Develop a mentoring program for programme and project staﬁ aimed at enhancing their capacity and skills to assume increased M&E and programming responsibilities
• Support in documenting and disseminating innovations and new research findings
• Synthesize and summarize trends in Country Programme implementation in consultation with the Head of Programmes.
• Provide meaningful data summaries and visualization to demonstrate result to the Senior Management on the contribution each of the program or project in Country Programme’s performance against set annual targets
• A Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Public Health, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Social Work or a related field is required.
• Additional training at Post-Graduate level in Monitoring and Evaluation, project planning and management.
Knowledge & Experience
• At least 5 years’ work experience of managing data intensive programs in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
• Knowledge of M&E issues with respectto service delivery and support related to nutrition, WASH, and/or capacity development
• Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming. Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English
Competences & Skills Required
• Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Ability to work to deadline and under pressure
• Ability to develop synergies and integration of different project.
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and evaluative skills
• Strong proven delegation. time management and prioritizing skills
• Flexible, patient and adaptable to changing environment
• Eﬂective networking abilities
• Excellent people management capabilities
• Good public speaking ability in English
Job Qualification: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Intersted applicants should send their applications (cover letter and CV only) to email@example.com by 5:00pm on 22nd November 2019