Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adjumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala Districts: Please check https://www.lutheranworld.org for more details
Job Purpose/ Summary:
Under the guidance of the Project Manager, the project officer is responsible for all livelihood’s activities within the newly approved GAC/CLWR project in Lamwo. Activities from planning, implementation and monitor must be in line with LWF and Donor guidelines and procedures. .
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Implement all planned project activities with expertise and in a manner that leads to attainment of the project goals and outcomes;
• Ensure that the Project’s objectives/outputs are achieved according to the work plans and within the contracted project period according to donor guidelines;
• Preparing and submitting reports as required; (End of activity, Weekly and Monthly)
• Keep records of all project activities including project assets under custody/use, beneficiary list, partner list, assets or inputs provided, activity and monitoring reports, lists of PoC benefiting from the project, etc.;
• Regularly develop and share monthly activity plans with the Project Manager;
• Ensure 100% implementation of the planned project activities on a monthly basis and that budgets are not under and over spent.
• Develop activity and budget tracking tools, and use on a monthly basis to track and report on activity and budget management.
• Support in collaboration and tabulation on a regular basis field data on project activities carried out and undertake impact assessment using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the assistance;
• Ensure that proper mapping of project beneficiaries is done & information shared in time. Regular visit to all beneficiary sites where project activities are undertaken, check on progress, offer support as directed by the project manager in line with the project objectives;
• In collaboration with the PMER unit lead in development of Tools and ensure effective deployment and use of the Survey CTO.
• Lead and manage Project Assistants ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, providing supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective team work and inclusiveness and building a team spirit through regular meetings and events and clear reporting mechanisms for each team member;
• Take lead in conducting project livelihood activities to increase men’s and women’s capacity to generate income that helps address immediate household needs, as well as in integrating mechanisms that target men and male youth with awareness raising that promotes women’s participation in household decision-making and resource management
• Take lead in the provision of vocational skills for PoCs and cash grants to support IGA development
• Provide technical support to the functional adult literacy (FAL) component of the project
• Take lead in organizing awareness and promotion of women’s livelihoods and gender-equitable decision-making about household spending and resources.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Education, Experience, Skills & Technical Competencies
• A University degree in related fields with past experience in similar Livelihoods, Agri business and above-mentioned activities;
• Post graduate training in Project planning and Management with knowledge of Financial Management is an added advantage.
• Knowledge and practical experience in implementation of FAL activities is an asset
• 4 years’ work experience in livelihood and social protection activities in refugees’ context.
• Experience in working with different stakeholders as partnership approach.
• Good interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills;
• Proficiency in computer programming; word processing, spreadsheets etc.
• Ability to ride a motorcycle and with a valid riding permit is desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and application letter ( in English), giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line;