Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is currently active in the sectors of WASH, livelihood and environment for improving the lives of both the refugee population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water and sanitation. Livelihood and environment components complement the approach. In the capital Kampala Malteser International’s focus lies on the health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system, an improved care for physiotherapy patients and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled children.
For its work in Kampala, Uganda, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Project Manager – Emergency Medical Services- National Position.
As the Project Manager for the Emergency Medical Service (EMS) project, you will be responsible for providing general oversight of the project,coordinating and managing partner relationships, and building strategic partnerships aimed at advancing the overall objectives of Malteser International in Uganda.
• Coordinating and managing partner relationships
• Building strategic partnerships for Malteser International in Uganda, including strategic planning and monitoring of objectives within the EMS Project
• Coordinating project activities and work plans within the country
• Acting as the key focal point for all relevant partners and stakeholders
• Ensuring the maintenance of internal and external lines of communication
• Coordination with support personnel and supervision of project personnel
• Degree in Medicine or Public Health (Master’s preferred)
• Postgraduate in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
• Knowledge of Emergency Medical Training, Emergency Medical Services, or Emergency Medical Care as well as strong familiarity with MoH and MoE setup
• Minimum of five years of hands-on project experience in a similar position
• Experience or exposure to Health Guidelines/Policy Development and track record of managing grants, projects and programmatic activities
• Demonstrated cooperative approach, including experience in working with Government officials and Ministries at the national level, private sector, and academia
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet, etc.
What we offer:
• Start Date: Immediately
• Duty Station: Kampala
• Duration of contract: 1 year with possible extension subject to donor funding
• Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, 13th pay cheque
• Provision of most recent police check
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified Click here to apply