The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967. AKF is a private, not—for—profit international development agency that seeks to provide long–term solutions to society’s problems. AKF brings together human, financial, and technical resources to address challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world.
AKF has a special focus on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity, and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. AKF’s primary areas of focus are; Education; Early Childhood Development (ECU); Health and Nutrition; Civil Society; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic inclusion.
AKF is committed to improving the quality of life of all boys and girls, women and men in the communities we work. To achieve this, AKF delivers multi—sector programming in the above sectors and assumes a holistic and systems approach ensuring all interventions are globally informed. locally rooted, are embedded in government and. community interests and structures, and work to promote social inclusion, equity, and pluralism.
About the Project
The AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Response Project will provide rapid response funds to various local Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to enable them to reach their most vulnerable constituents with support based on their emerging needs arising from the COVID—19 pandemic.
The program will also provide a platform, comprising Human Centered Design workshops, flexible grants, and mentorship, to support young entrepreneurs to design innovative business solutions that will meet the medium to short term needs of the community emerging from the pandemic. The 2.5year project will be implemented in Central and West Nile(Arua)regions of Uganda.
AKF invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacancies:
Title: Project Driver
Reporting Unit/ Supervisor: Finance & Grants Officer.
The Overall purpose of this engagement is to support the AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Project team to function efficiently and effectively working across 2 districts. The driver shall be an integral member of the AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Project team and work cooperatively with all other members of the Project. The driver will ensure that vehicles are operated and maintained according to AKF Policies and Procedures
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
• Transportation of project personnel, organization authorized officials and persons, and materials to specified destinations.
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance to ensure that the vehicles are in neat and clean conditions. Identify and report any non—routine problems or malfunctioning of the vehicles.
• Conform to all traffic laws and regulations governing the operation applicable to motorized transport in Uganda.
• Ensure security of the vehicle and keep accurate systematic log of journeys made, distances covered and odometer readings in respect of vehicle service and fuel refills.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum Education of Uganda Ordinary level Certificate, plus a Valid Driving License with all classes
• Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in similar role
• Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations and Mil policy governing the operation of applicable vehicles for the transportation of human and non—human cargo in Uganda.
• Ability to work flexible hours as work may include late evening, weekend and public holiday duties.
• Knowledge of basic first aid and qualifications in defensive driving.
• Hands-on knowledge & experience of basic vehicle maintenance procedures.
Job Education Requirements: Ordinary level Certificate
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click on the following link to apply www.akdn.org/careers . Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV including contacts of three references, by 19th March 2021.