World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Program Support Assistant – Kiboga Cluster
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Kiboga District
Purpose of the position:
To provide administrative support to world vision Uganda and to facilitate in the conducive running of the administration systems at the cluster office in line with the WVU policies and procedures.
Logistics and administration support
- Screening incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries.
- Maintain a database of assets.
- Managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Provide logistical support and back-up to in the planning of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times.
- Maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
- General office management
- Payment for utilities
Support to staff
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
- Maintain the staff leave tracker for the team
Support to meeting/fora
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Planning for and managing logistics for regional meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events.
- Plan for guest logistics
- Scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
- Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
- Support guest’s general needs like shopping, church service.
- Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports.
- Draft monthly report for PM’s review and submission within the stipulated timelines.
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/fora.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Must possess a university Degree in Business Administration, Management, Social Sciences, development studies and any other business discipline
- 2-3 years relevant experience in administration work serving in a highly demanding office busy environment.
- He /she should be able to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units.
- Must have knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- He/she should be keen on details and well organized individual.
- Very strong relational and communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Should be knowledgeable, optimistic, determined and engaging
- Should demonstrate strong Christian values of love, patience and integrity.
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Office management skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent customer care and public relations.
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Skills in multi-tasking