Forum for Women in Democracy is a women’s nongovernmental organization based in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer is responsible for supporting the programme team in fundraising, developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders providing in technical assistance and participating in planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and collaborating with other departments to develop integrated programming. S/he will focus heavily on supporting programme design, donor/partner engagement, information management and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning, management and monitoring of projects, with a focus on the Women and Leadership Programme.
- Ensure effective implementation of program activities according to set targets and timelines.
- Prepare period specific work plans and budgets to guide project implementation and fulfill FOWODE’s Mission and Vision.
- Contribute to the broader objectives of FOWODE and engage in guidance and training of staff and partners in gender and governance.
- Prepare periodic reports, including donor reports that are in sync with the organization strategy.
- Develop and disseminate a collection of good practices of our work.
- Coordinate and participate in research and analysis of existing and emerging program and policy areas on both national and local governments related to gender equality and economic development.
- Play a role in policy analysis, advocacy and networking around issues arising from research and policy analysis.
- Generate ideas and fundraise for the organization including development of concept notes and proposals.
- Supervise and support Field Officers to effectively execute their duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Gender Studies, development and Public Policy, with a background in Sociology, Economics, Development or Statistics from a recognized university.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- At least three (3) years working experience in a nongovernmental organization preferably in democracy and governance work.
- Keen understanding of the country’s political and social dynamics; analytical and conceptual skills and ability to translate this into program development.
- Track record of effective research in the field of policies and laws
- Substantive knowledge and understanding of gender equality issues and more broadly human rights, leadership and governance.
- Experience of influencing state actors at national and local level on policy issues
- Ability to complete succinct policy briefs as well as lengthy reports
- Good public speaking skills.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with FOWODE. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.