Position Title: Program Officer
Supervisor: Head of Programs
Location Fort Portal
Reporting to the Head of Programs, the Program Officer will oversee the assigned program thematic area in line with Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU) Strategy. He/she will ensure program quality, provide technical assistance in monitoring/evaluation and project implementation for HFHU beneficiaries, ensure sound financial administration of projects, and timely high-quality donor reporting. The Program Officer will work closely with Resource Development and Communications, Finance, Construction, and MEAL team to ensure effective grants management, development of new concepts, and ensuring high quality and timely donor reporting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities
• Develop and manage program budget ensuring that all projects are implemented in line with donor agreements.
• Develop and manage activity plans including setting clear targets and monitoring plans
• Monitor all program expenditures; managing and tracking expenses on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Develop and foster local partnerships with other organizations to meet program goals
• Supervise staff assigned fully to the thematic program;
• Build the capacity of the program team through mentoring and coaching staff in key areas of managing projects
• Implement performance management processes and regularly sets targets for direct reports and conducts effective staff appraisals
• Offer support to the programs team ensuring quality performance and staff motivation.
• Identify training needs of program staff to offer or find alternative resources for training
Working Relationships and support duties
• Working in collaboration with Construction Specialist to ensure construction works are carried out in line with the construction guidelines-ensuring high level of responsiveness to requests from project officers and other team members
• Supporting Resource Development and Communications team in ensuring quality process documentation of the projects with continuous sharing of significant change stories.
• In collaboration with Senior Management Team, plan in house capacity building of program teams in work tailored specific areas
• Participate in grant review meetings as appropriate
Qualification, Experience, Skills, and Abilities required
• Undergraduate qualifications in Social Work, Community Development, and urban planning and development and any other relevant field.
• Experience in WASH, Public Health, Urbanization, Housing Construction.
• Three or more years of professional experience in a similar role managing multiple projects or programs.
• Direct experience in implementing livelihood and life skills interventions, human rights or orphan and vulnerable group response are added advantage.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project design, proposal development and donor reporting.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills.
• Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to plan, manage and deliver results.
• Ability to network effectively, work in teams and influence decisions.
• Ability to transfer knowledge and build capacities through formal training and ongoing technical assistance.
• Self-guided, strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
• Willingness to be based in one of the program regions.
• Good organizational and project management skills
• Willingness to up hold the Christian values and principles of Habitat for Humanity
• Knowledge of the local context and language as well as ability to ride a motor cycle
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Department and submitted before the close of business on Friday, 12th November 2021 to this email address: [email protected].
The position applied for should be indicated clearly in the subject line.
Hard copies will not be accepted