About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. FHI 360 implements USAID MCHN project that aims to strengthen the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) performance in implementing strategies to improve maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, including the implementation of Kampala-based work to develop effective models to improve services for urban populations, focusing on under-served/resourced communities.
Position: Program Officer – Immunization (Private Sector) 
Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
Reports to: MNCH Senior Advisor
FHI 360 is seeking to recruit for a Program Officer for Immunization (Private Sector) position to provide ongoing technical and coordination support to Uganda Health Care Federation and private health sector actors to effectively contribute to implementation of the national COVID-19 vaccine deployment plan.
The program officer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Strengthen MOH capacity to engage private sector supply chain organizations to identify investors, importers and distributors alongside private providers to build synergies and establish networking opportunities for vaccine import and service delivery
a. Work closely with Uganda Health Care Federation team to network with and provide space for MOH and National Drug Authority (NDA) to effectively engage with private sector actors to identify opportunities for leveraging the private sector in importation, distribution, and delivery of vaccines
b. Leverage MOH efforts to support private sector actors to conduct respective micro-planning exercises effective to align the private sector contribution to the national vaccine deployment plan.
• Coordinate with UHF and representative of private sector actors to conduct an assessment of preparedness for private sector facilities to roll out COVID-19 vaccinations, and coordinate processes for development, implementation and tracking of roll out plans
Required Experience & Qualifications
• A basic degree in medicine or related health sciences, AND a post-graduate degree in either Public Health or Epidemiology or another related field
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in public health program implementation Experience and or knowledge on Uganda’s public sector immunization program, including related key monitoring indicators will be of added advantage
• Ability to work with and understand health data and health management information systems, including presentation of data in creative ways.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with other donors and partners
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV including salary requirements/expectations by email to: [email protected] not later than Friday 21st May 2021.
Please indicate the title of the position in the email subject line.