Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
POSITION: Procurement Officer
DUTY STATION: Head Office, Kampala
Scope of the work:
The Procurement Officer will support the Procurement department to ensure all Procurement decisions are implemented according to the organization set policies and procedures; and that these decisions are delivered in a timely and efficient manner to the end-user.
The Procurement Officer will ensure value and timeliness of the organization’s procurements in line with the approved procurement policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the Planning of the procurement and disposal activities of the procuring and disposing entity.
- Receive and review Procurement requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare draft bid documents.
- Issue bidding documents.
- Purchase of Goods and Services following the WIU Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines as per the Procurement Manual
- Initiate the development and implementation of procurement policies and procedures
- Prepare draft contract documents when assigned.
- Guide staff on the procurement policies, procedures, and action plans and ensure they are followed across the organization.
- Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process.
- Respond to inquiries on bid documents as may be assigned.
- Conduct Market Research and obtain quotes locally on different items.
- Participate in procurement Committees as assigned ensuring compliance with Operating procedures and accurate documentation of processes
- Any other duties that shall be assigned by Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Logistics and Supply chain management.
- Full time relevant two years of relevant working experience
- Verifiable experience working in a busy NGO or INGO
- Good interpretation skills of procurement regulations.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the procurement profession.
- Highly organized with strong organizational and planning skills, ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assignments in line with the work plan.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and to compile timely reports.
- Good Computer skills
Applications must be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda;
P.O BOX 24230,
- Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in
ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to
Uganda located on
Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road,
Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and
black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda