Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Uganda with food and nutrition assistance.
Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Procurement Associate-SC6 to be based in WFP Kyenjojo. The selected candidate will be employed on Service Contract.
To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support the efficient and effective procurement services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
• Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
• Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
• Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
• Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
• Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
• Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
• Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
• Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
• Leads by Example with Integrity
• Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards:
• Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards Respects others and values diversity:
• Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourages others to do the same Stays focused and calm under pressure:
• Stays focused and calm when under pressure and encourages others to do the same
• Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn: \
• Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop
• Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
• Delivers results for maximum impact:
• Holds self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results Delegates appropriately:
• Delivers results against delegated tasks and seeks guidance and support where needed Adapts readily to change:
• Responds readily to change adjusting work as needed
• Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
• Is inclusive and collaborative: Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
• Gives timely and constructive feedback:
• Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback
• Builds and shares new perspectives:
• Listens attentively to others to capture, learn, build and share new perspectives
• Applies Strategic Thinking
• Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision:
• Fulfils WFP’s vision and is able to explain how their objectives support the vision
• Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things:
• Demonstrates curiosity, and proposes new ways of doing things when relevant Analyses and evaluates data:
• Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team decision making
• Considers the impact of decisions:
• Implements decisions and asks questions to understand the impact for wider objectives
• Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
• Builds partnerships: Builds partnerships by seeking out opportunities to work with others
• Collaborates to deliver common objectives:
• Collaborates with partners by sharing information and working together to deliver common goals
• Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Tendering and Contracting
• Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.
• Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence
• Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
Systems & Reporting
• Demonstrates strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
Ethics and Compliance
• Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
• Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
• General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash based, in-kind donations).
• Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics)
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified click here to apply