Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences; or Economics; or Business Administration; or Law; or Project Planning and Management; or Public Administration; or Human Resource Management/ Development; or Management; or Monitoring and Evaluation; or Public Policy plus a Masters Degree in any of the above disciplines from a recognized University /Institution
Applicants should have six (6) years of relevant working experience in the Public Sector, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Officer in Policy and Planning; or Research and Development; or Human Resource Management/ Development; or Training Management in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Assistant Commissioner-Research, Innovation and Policy Advisory for performing the following duties:-
1. Assisting in the development of effective research and innovation approaches and procedures for use in both public and non-public sector projects of Civil Service College Uganda;
2. Contributing to the development of a feasible and systematic innovations framework that enhances the ability of Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments to creatively deliver services;
3. Contributing to the development of a systematic marketing strategy for consultancy service activities to encourage growth in the demand for consultancy services inorder to impact the efficiency and effectiveness of development policy and organizational system in Uganda;
4. Assisting in coordination of the work of all Civil Service College Uganda departments by identifying consulting and research opportunities for them;
5. Participating in the development of information networks and foster relationships with national and international research and consultancy institutions in order to improve the quality of consultancy services, research activities and innovations support available through Civil Service College Uganda;
6. Participating in carrying out applied research and synthesizing research results and current knowledge and experience into policy and strategy papers;
7. Participating in assessing the implementation of current policies and procedures for their effectiveness and relevance and providing policy advice to the Government Authorities;
8. Assisting in linking national and international best practices and latest research results to the work practices of public institutions;
9. Assisting in the development of a database of expert research teamd to work with when the need arises;
10. Participating in the development of research bids including liason with key funding agencies and assisting with the commissioning of collaborative research partnership projects;
11. Assisting in development, tracking and analysis of processes associated with the annual research plan and research register;
12. Supporting in coordinating research think tanks as a means of information-sharing and discussion about topics of strategic research interest and research outcomes in conjunction with other research partners;
13. Supporting in monitoring and reporting of externally conducted research in Civil Service College Uganda supported institutions;
14. Supporting development and regular maintenance of research, innovation and consultancy databases as well as website information;
15. Raising innovation consciousness and contributing towards the development of innovation capacity within the Uganda Police Force;
16. Assisting Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments to conceive, plan and implement innovations;
17. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The closing date for the initial advert and this addendum will be Tuesday 28th February, 2023.
Applicants are free to apply for a maximum of two positions only i.e. (one from the initial advert released in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 30th January, 2023 and another one from this Addendum).
The procedure for application is contained in the main Advert posted on the Public Service Commission website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
New Posts from the Ministries of Energy and Mineral Development and Ministry of Public Service have been added as Addendum to PSC External Advert No. 1 of 2023 that appeared in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 30th January 2023 with a closing date of 20th February, 2023.
For Application procedure,
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in the Public Service.
Applications should be filled and submitted ON-LINE not later than 28th February, 2023.
The link to the e- recruitment system can be viewed and accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
In line with Statutory Instrument No. 29 of 2021 on mainstreaming the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) Staff, the Common Cadre positions under Accounts Unit and Internal Audit have been reflected under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. At the time of issuing Instruments of Appointment, such Staff shall be reflected under the respective Common Cadre Parent Ministries in line with the existing Policies and Procedures.
1.Mandatory Instructions to Applicants: –
1. Apply ON-LINE.
2. Scan and submit relevant documents on-line.
3. Attach relevant documents namely; “O” and “A” Level Certificates, Bachelor’s Degree and Post Graduate Transcripts and Certificates as well as Employment letters for posts where working experience is required.
4. Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
5. Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
2. Application Process
1. Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
2. Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
3. If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile
4. Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
5. View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”
6. Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. Applicants are allowed to apply for only one post
3. Please Note: –
1. Only applications submitted on-line shall be considered.
2. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
3. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates of “O” and “A” level, Degree and Post Graduate (where applicable) Transcripts and Certificates as well as letters of employment for positions where working experience is required plus National Identity Cards during the Oral Interviews.
4. Short listed Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal reports / Forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
5. Applicants who will not be contacted upon completion of the Selection Exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
6. In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail [email protected]
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
1. Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi-Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
2. Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research, and Project Management Skills.