Job requisition id : R1707
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection.
World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: People and Culture Coordinator
Report to: People and Culture Director
Location: Kampala – National Office
Advert Start Date: 8th June 2022
Advert End Date: 14th June 2022
Purpose of the position:
To provide National Office with technical support in human resource management and coordinate the implementation of all People & Culture Systems, Projects and Initiatives across World Vision.
Coordinate implementation of P&C projects, initiatives and events
• Develop implementation plans and coordinate implementation of the Division projects and initiatives with all key stakeholders.
• Monitor implementation of P&C projects and initiatives to ensure timeliness and consistent quality and uptake across the organization.
• Regularly update status of implementation of key initiatives and projects and act as focal person for all Division projects.
• Develop and update P&C events/activities calendar and ensure timely coordination/communication to the team on upcoming/planned events.
Administrative support to Business Partners and Managers.
• Manage performance management associated back office processes
• Support managers and supervisors in management of staff employment contracts and contract renewal processes within the set timelines
• Disseminate and provide technical guidance to staff on WVU policies, government labor laws and changes in statutory requirements.
• Coordinate Staff engagement, and spiritual well-being programs at the National Office.
• Support managers in managing employee exit processes (clearance, handover etc) and ensure that the exit process is compliant with applicable labour laws and WVU policies/processes.
• Prepare board papers for the P&C Director within the required timelines.
• Regularly prepare and submit P&C reports and other briefs to the P&C Director for decision making
• Work with P&C staff to ensure risk mitigation measures are implemented and coordinate process improvement initiatives within P&C division.
• Take minutes at P&C meetings and support Division director in regular follow up of actions
• Periodically compile HR status reports to guide decision making and action.
• Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the P&C office
P&C Front office and document management
• Receive all visitors/clients coming/calling in the Division and attends to them or directs them to appropriate staff
• Respond to routine queries and requests from line managers/employees on general P&C processes
• Ensure good flow and appropriate action on correspondence and documents to and from P&C to other departments and offices
• Process all staff letters and ensure timely dispatch to relevant parties
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Education: Human Resource Management or Public Administration and Management, Business Administration; Qualifications in Law would be added advantage.
• Experience: Required 2-3 years’ experience in HR Management in a corporate work environment.
• Demonstration of well-developed interpersonal skills, Customer Care skills, and Planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Innovative with proven high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
• Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
• Spiritual maturity – ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
• Team player.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.