AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP’s in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
18. Job Title: Motorcycle mechanic
Reports to: Workshop foreman .
• Perform general repair and maintenance works on motorcycles
• Adjust and fine tune motorcycle components including brakes, forks, transmission box, and drive chains following the specifications attached to the bike make
• Diagnose problems with motorbike transmissions
• Assemble and disassemble motorcycles coming in for spare parts replacement.
• Troubleshoot issues with knocking and shimmying
• Handle maintenance tasks on fuel lines and tires
• Inspect motorbikes to figure out repair needs
• Work with apprentices and mechanics in order to diagnose and fix problems
• Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on motorcycles
• Provide I.Ps with information on repair and maintenance procedures
• Make cost estimates for repair and maintenance procedures to provide to I.Ps
• Make lists of needed parts and submit to the foreman.
• Assist with washing and detailing motorbikes
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Relevant trade qualification in motor cycle repair
• Two years’ experience in a busy motorcycle workshop
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Two years’
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020