Makerere University is a center of excellence for lung health research at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences. Our mission is to conduct high quality lung health research that integrates disease prevention, clinical care and training in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Directorate of Human Resources, Makerere University seeks to recruit persons of high integrity and professionalism to fill three full-time positions under the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
POSITION: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Management Information Systems Coordinator (MELI MIS)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT: 2 Years Contract .
- Collaborate with the Foundation in management, maintenance and regular update of the Scholars program database (ETO-MIS)
- Monitor and evaluate the academic performance of Scholars
- Develop tools and indicators to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Program implementation
- Monitor and evaluate Efficiency in implementing the Program (Monitor and evaluate all program activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output)
- Monitor and evaluate the contribution to the desired program outcomes
- Monitor and track the positive and negative unintended consequences of the Program
- Synthesize and communicate evaluation lessons to ensure that the goals of the Program are reflected in the implementation- (Learning component)
- Provide activity and quarterly reports IX. Any other duty assigned by the Program Manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Essential Academic Qualifications and Experience Education:
- A Masters University Degree (by research) from a recognized University, and a Bachelor Honors Degree in Development Economics, Statistics. Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or any related field, and, An Advanced Certificate/Diploma in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for designing, implementing and operating project/programme MEL Systems Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement including indicator selection, target setting reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Extensive knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (eg. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, and in developing and refining data collection tools
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Computer literacy with advanced knowledge in Microsoft, Statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata) and other programming packages.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of Programs
- Ability to work in a team and with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and deliver within tight timelines.
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English
Job Education Requirements: Masters University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Interested persons with suitable qualifications should submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae and academic documents (three copies/ sets), giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and recommendations from at least two referees Applications should be hand delivered to
Planning and Development Department,
Lincoln Flats Block C, Room C 1
Applications will be addressed to:
The Director Human Resource Directorate
P.O Box 7062, Kampala