Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Department: World Renew Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager is responsible for providing technical support in the design, implementation and review of World Renew Uganda monitoring and evaluation program portfolio. S/he will collaborate with Program Consultants and the Country Director to assist with evaluation of community/ partner programs. The M&E Manager will oversee input, storage and appropriate use of data to track programs and ensure that feedback is provided to all the relevant stake holders (Partner organizations, community, and World Renew Uganda team). In addition, the M&E manager as part of World Renew Uganda team build the capacity in the area of monitoring and evaluation, including the development of Log frames, data collection tools, analysis and interpretation of data to be used by the Program Consultants and the Country Director. In addition, the M&E Manager will work closely with the Country Director in providing program support to one of the partners with World Renew Uganda.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position involves some travel time to different parts of the Country. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The incumbent, in this position, will travel to remote locations where running water and electricity may be uncertain, road conditions are rough and therefore require diligent self-care and stress management. .
• M&E systems creation and maintenance
• Identify, define and validate with Program Consultants a set of appropriate and useful
• performance measures.
• Identify sources of relevant data and the process of data management
• Define information management goals, objectives and initiatives.
• Collaborate with program consultants and partners to implement and maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts.
• Establish a system for sharing of program data in the form of recommendations with the country team.
• Prepare drafts of Terms of Reference and project deliverables.
• Maintain the office files and office library.
Facilitate Result Based Management
• Meet regularly with the Country Director and the Program Consultants and discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on the strengths and address the weaknesses of the programs.
• Work closely with the Country Director in providing support to the PAG South Western Uganda Pastorate partnership with World Renew.
Reporting and presentation
• In accordance with World Renew (Newdea/FRB/ CFGB) requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project/program reports.
• Work closely with the Program Consultants to ensure that project results and reports are properly disseminated internally and externally.
• Network with other agencies running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing Perform any additional duties as requested by the Country Director.
• No supervisory responsibilities will be required.
• While this position will not have direct power or authority to force changes, it will be co-responsible with the World Renew Uganda team and partners for improving community development programs.
• Influence will depend on an ability to build trust cross culturally and across organizations.
• Strong Christian values.
• Mature Christian commitment and ability to work respectfully with various church denominations
• Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and-evaluation techniques and practices.
• Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
• Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
• Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills,
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in diversified (cultural / ethnic) environments.
• Familiarity with impact assessment will be an advantage
• A valid Ugandan driving license may be an added advantage.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized University, Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities in development projects.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project. initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys.
• Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
• Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
• Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
• Excellent written and spoken command of English.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Experience Requirements: three (3) years
Job application procedure
The application should be addressed to:
The Country Director World Renew Uganda P. O. Box 4473, Kampala Uganda To apply, Send an email to email@example.com with “M&E Manager” in the subject line, a cover letter and resume or CV explaining your motivation and qualification by Thursday, 31st October 2019, Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.