Job Description Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is the largest African Coca-Cola Bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. In Uganda, we are currently seeking to recruit a Manufacturing Manager based in Kampala.
Asa Manufacturing Manager, you will report directly to the Manufacturing Director.
Key Purpose Statement
To manage, lead and support the team so that packaging, quality, and maintenance targets are sustainably achieved in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop plant business and implementation plans to ensure that customer service and productivity objectives of the Plant and CCBU are met.
• Ensure productivity and budgeting objectives are met.
• Work closely with Logistics to ensure systematic and strategic coordination of all Supply Chain business functions.
• Manage the Manufacturing aspects of operational execution including flow of materials and production.
• Management and maintenance of the Manufacturing assets at a productive basic condition
• Lead the implementation and management of the Supply Chain Way
• Identify and develop relevant enablers to support the delivery of the Plant Business Plan and budget.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Plant Management team.
• Manage the execution of the CAPEX process within the plant.
• Manage the primary engagement with local Labour Unions and all aspects relating to Industrial relations in the plant.
• Ensure an engaged, productive, and capable workforce aligned to deliver the strategic and operational business objectives of CCBU.
• Lead and manage the development of a Health and Safety culture for all employees within the plant.
• Ensure Quality Governance, Good Manufacturing Practice, and Good Laboratory Practice standards are maintained in all facilities.
• Talent pipeline maintenance
• Lead the Risk Management and Business Governance processes within the plant.
• Develop and manage the relationship with relevant Local Community and Interest forums departments.
Skills, Experience & Education Qualifications
• Minimum requirement: BSC (Mechanical or Electrical) or related field
• Added advantage:
• Approximately 10 years of relevant FMCG experience
• At least 3 years at a senior level
• Strong track record of delivering results in a Manufacturing role.
• Strong understanding of the Supply Chain Way
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Proven track record in managing employee engagement.
• Bias for action, Drives for results, and values outcomes over activities.
• A strategic and nuanced thinker with the ability to integrate complex information from multiple sources and drive ground-breaking solutions to issues.
• Ability to prioritize
• Strategic agility – can translate vision and strategy into own and other priorities and into daily work activities.
• Ability to lead and influence ideas and people towards this common goal.
• Strong stakeholder engagement
• Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Holding people accountable and building / leading high-performing teams.
• Managing and leading change
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships, and communicate with all levels of management and staff.
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply