Reports to: Senior Manager Network Client Relations & PMO
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and
Job Summary: The Manager IT Quality Assurance Testing & Deployment will define and manage strategy for end to
end testing of products /solutions and quality management within MTN U using qualitative approaches and test automation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, execute and maintain a Quality Assurance and Test Management strategy across all areas of the business, including the necessary definition, development and deployment of quality assurance strategies that align with
overall MTNU business objectives
- Develop and manage quality assurance and test metrics for performance improvement of all project deliverables/teams
- Implement ongoing quality improvement processes across all areas:
- Develop and manage practices to raise quality during solution/product deployment such as: continuous integration, reviews, automated code testing tools (eg: static analysis tools)
- Develop / specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine solution /product quality or release readiness
- Create testing programs that address areas such as API and database impacts, software scenarios, performance testing,
regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability testing
- Develop and manage practices to ensure quality throughout all phases of deployment including requirements, design, and right through the test phases in all systems
- Evaluate and enhance all QA standards, technologies and approaches
- Manage the development of policy for testing applications and marketing products and services and facilitate the policy implementation.
- Recommending and implementing quality initiatives
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance to the Solution delivery framework
- Monitor and reporting quality metrics for solutions
- Ensure the required documentations are made available and approved
- Audit tracking to closure
- Promoting quality in the delivery processes
- Facilitating test prerequisites
- Coordinating with vendors and business during testing time
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems.
- Ensure software defects are documented using a bug tracking system and defects are communicated to software developers.
- Ensure viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
- Drive best Quality and testing best practice, facilitate the identification of solutions subject to approval and lead a team
of quality assurance and test engineers responsible for the integration, system, and regression testing of MTNU products/solutions.
- Organize and coordinate testing efforts for dozens of simultaneous projects and ensure that qualitative approach is deployed for solutions/product release.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree (preferably Economics, Science /Commercial)
- Professional Certification (PMP/, ITIL, ISEB).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information systems Quality Management and Testing or a similar role which must
- Manager track record of 5 years in people management; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Experience using Test Management and Automation tools
- Solid experience defining and implementing strategic QA and Test plans across all areas of business solution or
product development, systems architecture, testing, client support and/ or ICT
- Demonstrated experience improving deployment practices to raise quality such as: continuous integration, code coverage
analysis, code reviews, code quality tools, automated code testing tools (e.g.: static analysis tools)
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile)
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview), recent pay-slip and copy of driving permit to ugrecruitment.UG@mtn.com,
Please use this format in the Subject Line i.e. Manager IT Quality Assurance, Testing & Deployment-Surname First Name-current Dept.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.