Job Title: Manager Fintech Applications
Reports To: Head Of Business Technology
The Job holder will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day IT support of FinTech Applications (wallet and associated eco-system). Responsible for the creation and execution of the continuous service improvement program and performance management across PostBank Uganda’s FinTech platforms. Manage, develop, and grow an efficient and functional team of FinTech applications IT operations officers.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
• Managing FinTech application portfolio for PostBank Uganda ensuring 99.99% uptime, attending to incidents, work orders, problem tickets, changes etc.
• Identifying opportunities for application optimization, redesign, or process improvement.
• Development of technical documents including Standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guides
• Providing application administrative support across FinTech applications as needed.
• Partnering with business stakeholders, vendors, and BT management to provide a strategic vision for FinTech Applications and to create system roadmaps and business processes as well as collaboration with Business functions to understand their pain areas and come up with improvement plans.
• Addressing the various needs, concerns, expectations of stakeholder groups in planning and executing projects, meeting project requirements, and creating project deliverables within the FinTech eco-system.
• Building a strong technical culture around PostBank business systems that emphasizes technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences.
• Manage standards around scope management, financial management, service level agreements (SLA), ensure compliance to mitigate risk, increase service/business Impact & reduce costs within the FinTech Applications eco-system.
• Responsible for the creation and execution of the Continuous Service Improvement program and performance management across PostBank Uganda FinTech platforms.
• Reviewing and optimizing business continuity strategies, service reporting, service measurement and service level management for FinTech Applications.
• Working with Mobile Banking and other Departments to translate their requirements into a technology blueprint together with Digitization team, to enable the business to achieve their strategic objectives.
• Ensure FinTech compliance with documentation and alignment to IT Service Management principles. Assist in a long-term FinTech applications strategy, including introduction of new systems, planning of upgrades and optimization. Ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
• Drive the deployment of new FinTech applications; systems so¬ware; products and / or enhancements to existing applications.
• Manage and provide direction for the FinTech applications team in support of the business operations.
• Manage and liaise with service providers/vendors within the FinTech Applications Space.
• Manage Quality Assurance for FinTech Applications
• Any other duties duly assigned
Education, Experience, Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related ¬eld (advanced degree will be an added advantage) Relevant certi¬cations e.g. ITIL, PMP, Prince2, COBIT
• Experience managing a team of application support engineers.
• Demonstrated experience in UNIX shell scripting/programming. Demonstrated experience in database administration and scripting— Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra Demonstrated experience in Unix/ Linux System administration.
• At least 4 years of experience developing and maintaining applications.
• Five or more years related IT experience –preferably in managing IT teams, which a technical knowledge of software
• Knowledge in networks Demonstrated experience in implementation and rollout of complex IT systems. Strong vendor management and follow up skills.
• At least 4 years’ experience in ICT architecture, governance, and security within in banking or an equivalent industry.
• Experience working in a medium to large organization.
• Worked across diverse cultures.
• People management experience
• Experience in planning and managing the implementation of organization-wide processes and procedures.
• Good communication abilities,
• Problem solving orientation,
• A technical, logical thought process
• An ability to stick to strict deadlines.
• A keen eye for detail
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Following Documents Should Accompany The Application Strictly Online
• Detailed CV.
• Copies of academic documents.
• Applicants address and daytime telephone contacts.
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Mode of application
Please send your application to [email protected] and put the job you are applying as the Subject (Strictly) Applications must reach the address above by Wednesday 12th April 2023 Take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B Applicants should be willing to work in any place that PostBank branches are located.