Job Title: Manager Architecture And Digital Experience Engineering
Reports To: Head Of Business Technology
The Manager Architecture and Digital Experience Engineering is accountable for planning, establishing, and maintaining a standard Enterprise architectural framework for all bank systems and solutions. The incumbent will also be responsible for the efficiency and experience of the bank customers on the digital channels of the bank. He/she reviews efficiency, recommends, and follows through on resolutions and innovations to keep abreast with market expectations.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible in the planning, implementation, maintenance, and adoption of a standard ICT architectural framework for PostBank Uganda.
• Review the bank’s digital platforms and customer journey and recommend strategies and functionality to drive their efficiency and uptake.
• Review bank operations and develop strategies for end-to-end digitization of back-¬ice processes for efficiency.
• Reviews all incoming digital innovations and advises on proper integration into the bank’s enterprise network and systems architecture.
• Ensures architectural principles are applied during the design of new digital channels or enhancements to existing channels to reduce risk and promote efficiency.
• Develop and implement monitoring mechanisms on the functionality of digital channels and provide management reports and insights monthly.
• Operate as a focal point for growth and enrichment of the bank’s digital channels.
• Resolve and provide solutions to recurring problems or inhibitions to usage of the bank’s digital channels.
• Testing new innovations technology and ensure compliance with established standards and guidelines.
• Reviews business context for solutions to challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
• Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
• Influences changes to standards when necessary.
• Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
• Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize the return on technology investment.
• Review, interpret and respond to detailed user requirements specifications to ensure alignment between Digitization teams, customer expectations and current or future ICT capability.
• Translate business requirements into technical architecture specifications and models, solution design, process diagrams and concepts of operation and ensure compliance during SLDC.
• Work in cross functional teams to define, deliver and support the design and development of technology solutions that are fit for purpose, meet the business requirements and objectives and are in alignment with the agreed enterprise architecture, corporate ICT standard and business operational standards.
• Configure and test integrated so ware systems as per business requirements, ensuring appropriate levels of security and control. Together with Digitization teams, coordinate the implementation of customer centric, end-to-end integrated solutions according to the strategic roadmap of PostBank and based on existing capabilities/functionalities.
• Document and maintain the organizations existing solutions architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
• Review new and existing solutions design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans. ,
• Keep abreast of Solutions architecture, current and future trends, and innovations, continually research the current and emerging technologies, and propose changes where needed.
• Maintain and update technical road maps and strategy as well as maintaining and improving internal architectural standards, in alignment with Business requirements.
• Review and document customer journeys on all the bank’s digital channels to ensure user-friendliness, e¬iciency, and security.
• Any other duties duly assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related ¬eld (advanced degree will be an added advantage) Pro¬ciency in Six Sigma Methodologies will be added advantage.
• Professional Certi¬cations in Risk, IT Security, IT related certi¬cations like Sun Solaris Systems/Network/Security Administrator, Cisco Certi¬cation, TOGAF, ITIL, PMP, Prince2, COBIT etc. Demonstrated experience in API frameworks.
• Demonstrated experience in UNIX shell scripting/programming. Demonstrated experience in database administration and scripting— Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra
• Demonstrated experience in Unix/ Linux System administration.
• At least 4 years business analysis and business optimization experience, in process driven environments.
• Demonstrated experience in implementation and rollout of complex IT systems.
• At least 4 years’ experience in ICT architecture, governance, and security within in banking or an equivalent industry.
• Client-focused individual with large scale process changes.
• Ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated process issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Demonstrates technical awareness in maintaining a high level of trending issues regarding emerging technology.
• Process mapping tools experience
• Demonstrated experience in project management.
• Experience working in a medium to large organization.
• Worked across diverse cultures.
• People management experience
• Experience in planning and managing the implementation of organization-wide processes and procedures.
• Good communication abilities, Problem solving orientation, A technical, logical thought process
• An ability to stick to strict deadlines.
• A keen eye for detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Following Documents Should Accompany The Application Strictly Online
• Detailed CV.
• Copies of academic documents.
• Applicants address and daytime telephone contacts.
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Mode of application
Please send your application to [email protected] and put the job you are applying as the Subject (Strictly) Applications must reach the address above by Wednesday 12th April 2023 Take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B Applicants should be willing to work in any place that PostBank branches are located.