Manager Account Services will primarily deliver and maintain quality customer data to support the Bank’s Digital strategy and Business growth, as well as mitigate the risks of financial loss that may be a result of failure to identify errors in customer static data in a timely manner
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• Develop, implement, and enforce policies, processes, and procedures, to facilitate timely and accurate capturing, amendment and verification of customer account and transaction data.
• Oversee the account management process i.e. from account opening to closure, to ensure that it is done timely and accurately.
• Identify process gaps in data management process and implement system enhancements for the gaps.
• Investigate and clear queries in a timely manner, provide update and escalations of queries internally and externally, keeping stakeholders informed of any issues or difficulties.
• Champion projects to cleanup of the unclean customer data by proactively identifying the unclean data and liaising with the business units to develop mechanisms to facilitate clean up.
• Foster timely and accurate verification of transaction data and escalate any incidents timely for corrective actions.
• Introduce & maintain service standards that are measurable.
• Champion adherence to policies, processes, procedures as per documented operating standards including compliance with AML/CFT and KYC guidelines to mitigate frauds and operational losses.
• Work with management to address issues concerning AML/ KYC reviews and audits.
• Customer data confidentiality and availability is a key responsibility for this role.
• Review service reports for the account services unit to detect service failures and enforce corrective measures.
• Manage, mentor, and conduct training to motivate and develop staff as well as fostering a team approach by actively building strong working relationships within the unit as well as identification of training needs.
• Prepare and submit reports to the Head of Operations on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed timescales.
• Prevent income leakages, fraud, and operational losses.
• Responsible for the Manager Account Services Budget
• Responsible for controlling costs
• Responsible for avoiding any regulatory penalties relating to account management
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A Business degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Relevant Practical training in banking operations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience, 2 of which must have been in banking operations, in a senior management role.
• A high degree of accuracy is required
• This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrable experience delivering major business process reengineering projects.
• Substantial knowledge and exposure in branch banking operations is a must. Possess knowledge and experience in Account Operation, ATM operation.
• Good knowledge on Personal Data Privacy Ordinance, Anti-Money Laundering Ordinance, and relevant regulatory governance would be a definite advantage
• Mature, self-motivated, able to work independently & under pressure, and willing to accept challenges
• Good communication, interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills
• Possess good awareness of operation risk and sensitive to operation irregularity
• Good team player, positive attitude, and willing to work under high pressure and tight timeline
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Job application procedure
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda. Send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 1st November 2021