The primary role of the Logistics Safety Coordinator is to continuously monitor safety standards, advisories, systems, legislation, tools, or procedures and to ensure our road transportation operations are safe, compliant to the framework of Hima Cement objectives and aligned to Holcim Group objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements programs for control, management, training and supervision of drivers and ensure Vehicle compliance
• Devise, implement, monitor, rate and rank driver performance, provide feedback to drivers and transporters, and implement the active recognition/consequence procedure.
• Employing proactive approach to ensure that truck compliance and inspection procedure is efficient and effective.
• Participate in planning, preparations and conducting of 5-pillar transport audit program.
• Develop, review, and produce standard operating procedures aligned to current operations and Group Standards and guidelines
• Implement journey management system with clear route hazard mapping program, that is updated on a regular basis and that all drivers assigned to a route are briefed.
• Manage accidents and incidents including investigation and reporting as per Group guidelines and procedures, prepare reports and share key learnings with stakeholders, follow up and close out corrective and preventive actions.
• Design, and implement road safety culture change initiatives such as campaigns, public awareness trainings etc, both within and those organized by other agencies
Required Qualifications skills and attributes.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Logistics and or Transport management from a recognized University.
• Health and Safety certification or qualification a must and or be obtained within one year after appointment
• Strong knowledge, experience and success in Health and Safety or Transport Management are some of the key requirements for this role.
• At least three years’ work experience preferably in a busy commercial or industrial environment and with exposure to industrial or FMCG business processes is an added advantage.
Profile & Personal Qualities
• Self-driven, results oriented.
• Able to plan and prioritize.
• Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
• Reliable, tolerant & determined
• Able to work extended hours when required
• Flexibility to work anywhere within Uganda is added advantage
Job application procedure
Hima Cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should complete this Online Job application form and upload their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 30th June 2023.
Send your application to [email protected]
Hima Cement Limited is a diverse, inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and do not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment.
Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.