Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
POSITION: Logistics Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Administration Officer
OVERALL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform Logistics tasks according to WIU procedures and policies.
The Logistics Assistant with support from the Senior Administration Officer, will ensure seamless operations
through provision of timely, reliable, cost-effective and efficient logistical services and support to all
departments and programs. These services will include transport, equipment, office and field supplies, etc.
He/ She will also manage the organization’s physical assets including the fleet.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Administration team and the Procurement team to organize all logistical processes, including stores management, communication, transportation and asset management as well as the related administrative procedures for Windle operations
- Ensure that all WIU procedures are followed during all processes related to stock management and that stock is well managed across all WIU Settlements
- Ensure accountability, transparency, quality control while carrying out Logistics activities
- Ensure that vehicles and motorcycles are maintained with necessary insurance and car parts
- Develop and ensure implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the Logistics Management of WIU activities
- Secure price quotations and prepare terms, conditions and/or specifications for prospective purchases when called upon by the Procurement team.
- Manage the purchase, distribution and provision of accountability for Dry Food rations
- Manage inventory to ensure it is tracked and monitored as well as ensuring that there are no stock outs to inhibit operations across Windle
- Ensures that commodities and services reach the intended beneficiaries and that they are acknowledged as per the Windle policies and procedures.
- Conduct Capacity building and mentoring of the Administration team and Logistics representatives at the field level.
- Any other duties relevant to the job that may be assigned.
Relevant Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics Management, Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration/ Purchasing & Supply together with Professional/ Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management – C.I.P.S or equivalent.
- Two years’ related experience in a demanding work environment, preferably with an NGO.
- A proactive person with initiative and drive, honest with a high level of integrity; a team-player with good planning skills
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Supplier negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Word and Power point
- Understanding of procurement and contract laws
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Must be result-oriented
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines: high calibre time management competency
Applications must be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda;
P.O BOX 24230,
- Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in
ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; email@example.com
- Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to
Uganda located on
Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road,
Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and
black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda