Job title: Logistics and Administration Manager
Organization: RTI International (RTI)
Office: RTI in Kampala, Uganda
The Operations Specialist is responsible for management of day-to-day administration and logistics activities affecting all staff and offices within the program. The position requires interpretation and application of Logistics and Administration policies; rules and regulations; facilitation and implementation of internal procedures, processes, and systems. The Operations Specialist is a key member of the B4R Operations Team and promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and an effective and efficient work environment. She/he supervises the Senior Operations Assistant and Project Drivers. The position works closely with the Program Officer to ensure timely logistical support to Field Landscape Coordinators and Kampala based staff traveling to B4R targeted landscapes. She/he is responsible for compliance of B4R Logistics and Administration processes with USAID rules and regulations plus RTI policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement required logistics and administrative office systems, including forms, trackers, and calendars.
• Establish procedures for operation and maintenance of Activity offices
• Provide periodic updates to project Operations manual
• Manage office administration and logistics budget, ensuring tracking and timely reporting
• Manage office services including security, cleaning, rental renewals, utility management, office supplies, equipment maintenance and staff communication needs.
• Supports travel coordination for project staff to ensure that travel approval requests, travel advances, expense reports are completed on time and in compliance with RTI travel policies.
• Works closely with the Procurement Manager and Technical Activity Leads to ensure that accommodation reservations, transportation, and workshop activity reservations (e.g., venue and catering) are properly booked prior to the start date of each activity and in compliance with RTI travel and procurement policies.
• In collaboration with the ICT Specialist, oversee the project asset management function, ensuring that assets are safeguarded, used properly, tagged and recorded in the master registry. Ensure that p hysical counts and verifications are regularly conducted and updates in the RAMs are performed in a timely manner as per RTI Policies and procedures.
• Oversee ‘front-office’ activities ensuring a client-oriented reception at all B4R offices
• Ensure maintenance of project stakeholder and staff contact lists
• In collaboration with the Procurement Specialist coordinate logistics for visitors including hotel bookings, transport arrangements etc.
• Maintain project safety and security resources, including security manual updates, staff phone tree and support efforts in building staff capacity around safety and security.
• Develop and maintain system for booking office meeting rooms.
Safety and security
• Develop and manage filing systems for administration records including store records
• Oversee project fleet management, supervision of project drivers and corresponding tracking systems
• Manage documentation of staff meeting notes and ensure timely dissemination and filing.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Relevant fields of study, including Business Administration, Social Sciences, Office Management, Secretarial Studies, or any Humanities field
• Master’s degree in a relevant field and 3 years of experience or
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 6 years of experience in office administration and logistics management at mid or senior level
• In-depth knowledge of USAID or other international donor agency administration and logistics regulations required
• Good decision-making skills and working knowledge of administration systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Must have attention to detail
• Strong analytical thinking, planning ability and problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility to occasionally travel within the project areas of operation and work well with others
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now