UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Executive Secretary will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the CEO’s office by providing highly professional administrative and secretarial support to the office not withstanding enabling both internal and external communication to Senior Management, Board and other stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drafting internal memos: Draft, edit and type letters and documents to ensure good quality of documents requiring the signatures of the CEO e.g. high profile letters etc.
• Managing Records: Acts as custodian of sensitive files and retrieve records, attend to inbound and outbound calls to maintain efficient records and information management system in line with UGAFODE’s procedures and practices.
• Mail Management: Receive, open, sort and record incoming mail drawing attention to the most urgent ones and dispatch outgoing mail to ensure timely distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, messages.
• Appointments: plan request and schedule appointments for the CEO /ED with staff and customers in line with CEO/EDs diary as may arise from time to time.
• Feedback Management: Send out invitations for the UGAFODE functions accept or reject invitations on behalf of the CEO to effectively plan and manage the schedule of activities, meetings
• Coordination and Contact Person: Act as first point of contact to the CEOs office and Board members, coordinate meetings (including Board meetings) events and internal functions/gatherings with other departments venue/hotel bookings logistics travel arrangements including Visa, air tickets fuel, periderm, submission of BOU vetting documents etc.
• Complaint Handling: attending to customer complaints, enquiries to ensure that exchanged information to and from the office is accurate unbiased, enquiries are responded to.
• Ensure Compliance to service Standards: Conducting the executive secretary duties in line with UGAFODEs internal process flow standards and best practices especially related to customer confidentiality respect and protection of company’s sensitive information on a daily basis.
• Reporting: prepares and manages office reports related to customer experiences to relevant stakeholders within and outside the institution. Such reports may include: incident reports, referrals, business leads, transaction reports, and other forms of feedback aimed at improving UGAFODE’s service standards and office of CEO to senior management, staff or board among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a Professional Diploma Secretarial Studies / a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
• A minimum of two to three years of work experience in a similar position in a busy office.
• Relevant past experience working in a call centre / a financial institution with thorough understanding of policies, and procedures is of added advantage.
• Thorough knowledge and use of relevant computer software; e.g. excel, power point, word, email and internet.
• Knowledgeable on relevant banking (i.e. MDI Act) regulations and relevant laws.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to draft, edit correspondence, speeches and reports.
• Extremely high levels of integrity, responsibility and confidentiality.
• Decision making skills and result oriented personality.
• High standards of performance and control of quality.
• High degree of initiative, priority setting and self-drive.
• Team building skills (initiative, decision making, dispute resolution, good customer service, very good negotiation skills).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: [email protected] Save the Documents as Your Full Name & The Job Title you are applying for, the same title should appear in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources. Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis.