To provide legal services that secure the Bank’s legal interest in respect of credit facilities/transactions, related collateral and facilitate effective management of the Bank securities’ portfolio in line with relevant laws, policies, procedures and processes to achieve a robust asset quality.
Key Result Areas
• Conduct legal due diligence on proposed Credit facilities and provide opinions on securing the Bank’s position in the transactions.
• Prepare and review Legal documentation for all function operations that protects and solidly positions the Bank including obtaining endorsements in line with the Bank’s
• Lodge appropriate documents to facilitate perfection of securities and ensure that all the Bank’s Securities are duly perfected by external parties.
• Address all queries regarding he perfection of the Bank’s securities and maintain a record of relevant records of correspondences/files and ensure safe custody thereof.
• Conduct due diligence on all Collateral for on boarding (prior to take on) and release of the Securities including preparation instruments in discharge of the Bank’s obligations.
• Accurately maintain, track and update the Bank’s information database for Registration and Securities Function including all Registers.
• Conduct and participate in audit, verification and reconciliation exercises of the setion to achieve a secured portfolio.
• Provide timely, sound and cost effective legal advisory services to support business growth.
• Oversee, sanction and guide as first line the work of External Lawyers to achieve Section targets and purpose.
• As part of business continuity for the department, be in position to perform all functions of the Section as may be guided by supervisor.
• Make periodic reports to your supervisor on assignments and responsibilities in agreed format.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Education & Training
• Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from recognised University (Commonwealth).
• Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice from the Law Development Center or such other institution recognised in Uganda.
• Other added advantage.
Skills & Experience
• Legal knowledge and experience – 3 years.
• Advocate of the High Court of Uganda /Common wealth.
• Sound Understanding of Laws and regulations relating to responsibilities and Industry.
• Specific experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, Teams).
• Excellent Customer Service.
• Drafting and Research skills.
• Effective Risk Management.
• People and Team Orientation.
• Communication and Presentation skills.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should hand deliver their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees not later than Friday, 21st May 2021 by 5:00pm to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Housing Finance Bank,
4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo