World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Learning and Development Coordinator
Report to: Learning and Organizational Development Manager
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the job is to develop and implement strategic and organizational learning structures, systems and processes that support WV programmes and increase organizational, team, and staff effectiveness. The L&D Specialist ensures that learning strategies, processes and solutions align with the vision, mission, strategic priorities and culture of WVU. He/she will provide strong subject matter expertise in staff learning and development, organization development and leadership development.
Staff learning and development
- In liaison with line managers, assess and prioritize staff learning/training and development needs across the organisation and develop learning and development programs to achieve desired results.
- Provide advice and guidance to Managers on the current development needs of individuals and teams and provide advice on appropriate development activities
- Consult with and coach managers in preparing individual development plans and implementing such plans with their staff.
- Design and deliver engaging learning sessions for staff using various instructional strategies.
- Foster and maintain productive working relationships with external service providers, training facilitators, academic institutions, consultants and internal subject matter experts.
- Develop and Support staff and managers implement a Career Development Program that meets both the employees and the organisation objectives
- Coordinate and manage new staff orientation and induction
- Coordinate the internship program
- Collaborate with and consult with program managers and division heads to develop and facilitate learning and development initiatives for volunteers.
- Identify key metrics and develop evaluation processes to ensure overall effectiveness of staff learning and development programs/initiatives.
- Keep up-to-date on training and development trends and best practices
- Provide technical support in the design and delivery of organizational development activities, including change management initiatives, organizational design etc
- Participate in and provide technical support in the review of systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance in organizational reviews, learning and reflection events and meetings.
- Promote the sharing of experiences and knowledge across different divisions/ projects/ units and World Vision partnership on innovative and novel approaches in WV programme work.
- Support the P&C manager in implementing the WVU Leadership development strategy to build leadership capacity and manage organizational talent
- Facilitate the implementation of development activities for identified talent pools to support succession planning in line with the leadership development strategy
- In liaison with line managers, People and Culture Business Partners and staff create, discuss and monitor implementation of staff personal development plans
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Education, Social sciences/ humanities with a post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing employee learning, development and training function. Leadership and organizational development.
- Knowledge and experience in instructional and curriculum design and adult learning.
- Knowledge and experience on Training of Trainers.
- Strong internal consulting skills, facilitation skills and communication skills with employees at all levels.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and experience in e-learning.
- Working knowledge of Organizational Development principles and methods
- Independently motivated, able to meet deadlines and proven ability to follow through on initiatives
- Computer literate
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.