Nile Breweries Limited the leading beverage company in Uganda and a subsidiary of ABInBev, the largest brewing group in the world, provides equal employment opportunities – promoting equality in the company. Our dream is to be the growth engine of AB InBev, creating and sharing superior value.
We seek to recruit a dynamic, results oriented and self-motivated candidate for the post of:-
Job Title: Laboratory Technician Band X-B
Reports to: Brewing Quality Specialist Duty Station: Jinja
To carry out sampling, sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples of brewing product from Brew house, Yeast & Fermentation and Bright beer. .
ROLES, SKILS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Sampling is carried out as per manualized methods
• Relevant apparatus, equipment and reagents are prepared as per manualized method
• Analysis is performed using fundamental laboratory techniques and practices.
• Accurate results generated, recorded and reported on time.
• Laboratory equipment maintained and calibration done as per manualized methods.
• Comply to company safety policy and procedure( Hazardous substance, PPE, MSDS, Safety incidents, lab safety rules)
• Adhere to 5S and Housekeeping schedules
• Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results
• Coach, check, mentor and assist shift based production teams on problem solving and correct use of problem solving techniques.
• Take part in regional and divisional process optimisation initiatives as required
• Education: Min – Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in FMCG industry
• Must be hardworking, Honest and self-motivated
• Must be dynamic & a good team Player
• Excellent commitment to Occupational Safety & health, Environmental implications of the job
• Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
• Assertive and analytical
• Knowledge in computer Excel, Power point
• Proven leadership ability
• Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence
Job application procedure
The Company will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of an active e-mail address, current position, Certificate/testimonials and email /telephone contacts of three (3) referees to: https://smrtr.io/5vnd3 not later than 12th May 2021.
Nile Breweries Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.
1) Indicate the position applied for as the subject of your email
2) Internal candidates should notify their line manager
3) All applications should be on above link
People Business Partner / Supply Lead,
Nile Breweries Ltd, Jinja Plant,
P.O Box 762,