Position title- ICT Service Desk Officer
Responsible for providing single point of contact for all aspects of ICT Services, support and management of issues logged with ICT Service Desk by managing all calls/emails at 1st Level and escalation as per ICT Services standards and compliance perspectives.
• Single Point of Contact (SPOC): Provides the single point of entry for handling ICT internal customer requests, queries through calls/emails. Categorizes, prioritizes and reassigns requests on the issues tracker; provides first level support and feedback to ensure efficient running of Systems User administration processes.
• Incident coordination: Ensures incidents logging, manages progress and ensures availability of all diagnostic information. Handles stakeholder feedback in event of a systems high priority incident and coordinates resolutions by ICT Support staff/vendors per SLAs as well as coordination of ICT system issues escalations.
• Request fulfillment: Responds to and manages user service requests i.e. access requests, change requests and ensure the proper requests management process is followed through.
• System Monitoring: Monitors ICT systems uptime and performance through monitoring tools, alerts, dashboards and monitoring screens, maintains accurate log entries of requests with fault details, contact information, resolution details, and follows up information, and advises user of action taken.
• ICT reporting: Prepares all relevant Service performance reports, daily, weekly and monthly status reports on ICT service levels for management’s attention.
• Ensure Compliance: Operating in total adherence to all ICT operational process requirements regarding ICT desk services within; Risk, Ethical and Audit Compliance.
• Business Continuity: implementing backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices, managing the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database through planning for backup & recovery of database information, Maintaining archived data as well as restoration of such databases
• Assisting DBA: As a trainee in the responsibility of optimizing performance, integrity and security of the data base.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ICT, Engineering or other numerical biased field, Certification in ITIL or Any other ICT certification is added advantage
• At least 1 year’s technical experience supporting ICT Service desk in medium to large organizations
• Knowledge of Banking systems is added advantage
• Broad knowledge and experience of ICT systems management
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve simple network problems, install and operate Operating systems and maintain ICT documentation.
• Knowledge of Oracle or and SQL Server support.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated,submit an application letter together with an up–to–date CV to our email: [email protected]. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources and the closing date for receiving all applications is 31stMay 2021.