Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions.
The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/012/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 5
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
Department: Human Resource and Administration
To provide support in the implementation of the human resource policies, regulations and practices for the achievement of Board’s objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the organisation of recruitment, selection and other related processes;
• Assist in the preparation of appointments, contracts, confirmation and other related correspondences;
• Assist in the preparation of fringe benefits, allowances and staff welfare;
• Support event coordination and organizing functions and meetings for the UBTEB;
• Participate in the preparation of unit work plans, budgets and performance reports;
• Support in the preparation of staff training needs assessment, design training plans and implement training;
• Maintain personnel data in form of staff list, staff personal files and other personnel tools such as leave roster, contracts renewal;
• Assist in the preparation of the staff payroll.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology or other degree with Human Resource Management option from a recognized Institution.
• A Certificate in Administrative Officer’s Law Course from Law Development Centre or equivalent is an added advantage.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Human Resource Management in a reputable organization
• 25 – 40 years of age at entry.
• Analytical skills
• Counselling and guidance skills
• Coaching skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer skill
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below.
The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted.