Plan International strives to advance children’s rights and equality for girls all over the world. We recognise the power and potential of every single child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. As an independent development and humanitarian organisation, we work alongside children, young people, our supporters and partners to tackle the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. For over 75 years we have been building powerful partnerships for children, and we are active in over 70 countries.
We are seeking to recruit 1 consultant at HR Officer level who will be responsible for HR administration and recruitment tasks as per the job duties herein. The terms of the consultancy are;
• This consultancy position will strictly be for 3 Months
• Working hours: 8 hours a day from 8:00-5:00 pm and 5 days a week.
• Payment will be a daily rate of Ugx 97,398/=. The summation of this is paid at the end of the month and is subject to 6% withholding tax,
• Date for commencement of this consultancy: 3rd August 2020
• The Consultant will report to the HR Coordinator.
• Initiate recruitment and selection activities, placing advertisements, reviewing CVs, organizing interviews, sitting in on first interviews, maintaining records and, preparing contracts for full-time staff
• Conduct induction for new recruits, including reference checks, work permit applications, medicals, inclusion on benefits, office tours, and explaining office administration requirements
• Ensure applicants are responded to and applications are archived.
2. HR Administration and Day-to-Day Management:
• Maintain accurately and up to date records (Staff files and electronic HRIS)
• Maintain and update the HR information system and processes ( Joiners, leavers, Leave records)
• Track HR data for contract renewals and other significant HR events and anniversaries
• Compile management reports from the database on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate the medical insurance staff coverage scheme by ensuring all staff is covered, claims are processed, exiting staff is deleted and staff is timely updated on any changes in the insurance entitlements. etc
• Draft contracts, HR-related templates, and staff letters to include, confirmation letters, etc.
3. Staff Exit Management
• Proactively manage staff terminations including exit interviews
• Coordinate staff clearance and terminal dues information.
Skills and Competencies
• Good Communication Skills( both written and oral)
• Negotiation skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all Human Resource information.
• A self-starter who is able to work on own initiative with limited supervision
1. Knowledge and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human resource management or related discipline.
• At least a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a busy human resources department
• Knowledge and experience in handling HR issues with reference to the Uganda Labour laws
• Proven skills in the full range of general HR needs including data management, administration, recruitment, pay and employee relations is essential
• Knowledge and experience of interfacing with a Human Resources Information System
• Behaves consistently in approach to work and decision-making
• Strongly drives performance forward in the area of the business for which they are responsible together with the team
• Sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organisation
• Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
• Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
• Tolerant of difference – cultural sensitivity in relation to its impact on HR
Job Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Human resource management
Job Experience: At least a minimum of 1 years’
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates that match the requirement can send their CV’s by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th July 2020.