Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
HIV Care & Treatment Officer
Duty Station: Lyantonde District
Reports To: Regional Manager Care & Treatment.
Provide HIV related technical support to health care workers at supported HFs in assessment, diagnosis & clinical care of all patients .
• Provide technical assistance and mentorship for health workers in HIV/AIDS care
• Provide continuous clinical mentoring in all areas including reporting for all related MoH reports
• Support and participate in a Continuous Medical Education (CME) programs for all staff
• Support coordination of health education talks in HIV/AIDS related fields
• Lead and strengthen quality improvement activities in all HIV/AIDS related fields at all facilities
• Support referral and linkages for clients receiving care at supported facilities
• Support HMIS and program reporting for all supported facilities
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in medicine
• Training in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infections
• Registration with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
• At least 1-year and above work experience in a busy clinical HIV/AIDS setting
• Experience in clinical care of infants, children and adolescents would be an advantage
• Specific experience and training in HIV management or care
• Good interpersonal skills required
• Ability to interact productively and work in a team environment
• Self-motivated, innovative, and capable of meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills required (Both oral & written)
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Diploma
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected] . Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 04th August 2020 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.