SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children.
Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities.
Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position;
GRANTS ACCOUNTANT– NATIONAL OFFICE
The Grants Accountant supports the Head of Finance to manage grants provided to SOS Children’s Village Uganda. S/he is responsible for providing support during the preparation of contracts/grants and assists in financial management and monitoring of sub-recipient projects. S/he will also support the team in providing financial management support. S/he performs a full range of financial and management accounting, planning and monitoring functions which are critical to the smooth running of the grants program. S/he also manages the smooth flow of communication between the partner and SOS Uganda, on financial matters .
Job Specifications: Priority tasks & responsibilities
• Management of different grants’ budgets, analyzing actual verses budgeted, review budget revisions and support in monitoring.
• Developing budgets for new proposals.
• Capacity development of Key Implementing Partners in compliance to local and donor requirements and budget management.
• Financial Reporting for all projects – reviewing, preparation of reports and sharing the reports with management and the donors.
• Conducts both project specific and institutional reviews and follow up on audit recommendations to ensure compliance.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements with analysis for the different projects to to support timely decision making.
• Supports the balancing and closing of accounts and drafting of annual financial statements.
• Supports auditing of accounts by internal and external auditors.
• The jobholder will also Interpret financial policies, regulations and follow internal controls ensuring that staff are well versed with such policies and guidelines in their day to day work.
• Prepare and submit monthly reports on strategic plan implementation, budget status, facility requirements and other project requirements to initiate timely decision making.
• Carries out and performs other similar duties as assigned by the Head of Finance
Required Experience and Qualifications: –
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance and Accounting.
• Professional qualification of Level II Qualification of ACCA or CPA completed.
• Minimum 5 Years relevant working experience in Grants Management • Must be familiar working with Navision Accounting Package.
• Experience with accounting Voucher reviews.
COMPETENCIENCES – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Analytical skills.
• Good Communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and Interpersonal skills
• IT Skills and familiarity with any accounting computer software
• Ability to multitask and work independently
• Excellent organizing skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Team Work
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Thursday 1st April 2021:
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.